cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Suicide

Suicide is a freaking scary thing ive thought bout it and was so close to trying. My friend said he was gonna committ suicide tomorrow. And ive stopped him and convinced him not to do so. But im worried he is just saying that and he is actually gonna do so. Im quite scared. I said id tell his parents but he said if i did he'd comitt suicide sooner. Any advice?

Re: Suicide

Hey @Chocolatefeather1, @TOM-RO will have to edit this because it breached the guidelines.
That's fantastic that you've stopped your friend from taking their life Smiley Happy
I'm gonna tag some embers to help out because I'm having a bit of a mind blank today Smiley Wink
@litgym @hellofriend @redhead If you guys are comfortable Smiley Happy

@Chocolatefeather1 that sounds like a really difficult place to be in.
From what I understand telling someone is usually the best thing to do.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@Chocolatefeather1 Yeah that is a really tough place to be as a friend that's for sure. Know that you have every right to disclose information when it comes to suicide. It's hard as a friend but it's also tough to be alone with this. Especially if your friend cannot keep safe, then definitely I would say talk to their parents. Also, I'm not sure that your friend would be open to outside help but there is of course Kida Help line and Lifeline but again, you have every right to keep help with keeping your friend sfae. I would actually suggest you call for advice on Kids helpline as a third party helping so you're not alone. It's 1800 55 1800..

I did take out suicide method just to keep in line with guideline too! But don't worry, a  lot of us forget or don't realise so I can always double check it's all above board...

Let us know how you go

Hi @Chocolatefeather1,

How are you going today? How is your friend?

We would really love to hear from you and see how you are doing Heart We are always here if you need to chat or want someone to support you Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

hey @chocolatefeather1

How are things going today?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**