cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Breakup

That's really great to hear @Cheeseburger Smiley Happy It sounds like you have a lot of support in place with your family and bf to get you through this week 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

@Jess1-RO  I do, but it’s killing me that I can’t see my childhood best friend again, it hurts everyday like it was yesterday, the reason it hurts so much is bcuz, I never got to say a proper goodbye to him 😖😖😖😖

Hi @Cheeseburger, that must be really tough Smiley Sad. I can tell your friend obviously meant a lot to you and that you miss him heaps. Other than the support from your family and BF, what are some things that have helped in the past when you miss him?

Sending you lots of hugs.

@WheresMySquishy  well when it was close to the day I would listen to the song that reminds me off him, but I can’t as I got a new phone, ima redownload it when I get the chance, and I always remember how happy he was even on his second last day and how happy I made him, I was only young but he was my best friend, and I never had the chance to tell him how much he meant. Honestly, he meant a lot to me, he was the reason I went to school

Hi @Cheeseburger, he sounds like such a special person and I'm sure he would be proud of you and all that you have achieved if he were still here today. Smiley Happy He must have really valued your friendship as well. I think it's good that you're keeping his memory alive. In my experience, when someone passes away, they will always be a part of you but I hope that in time the pain will ease and that you will remember the good times you shared with him with happiness.

That sounds enormously tough @Cheeseburger. Smiley Sad Sending you lots of support and strength! *hugs* 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo  thanks, but honestly I’ll get thru it like it like I always have, it’s just it’s painful as I never had the chance to say goodbye to him, he was my best friend, but like my parents and my bf says, he’ll be proud of the person I have become

@WheresMySquishy  tbh the pain hasn’t eased, its been 7 years, it still feels like it was yesterday, I just wish I had one more day with him, just one more day to say goodbye to him properly

@Cheeseburger, I think grief is different for each person and it's normal to still feel sad about his death because grieving is a process. It shows that he meant a lot to you. Have you kept in touch with his family? I think it would be a good idea to share memories of him and support each other. I find that a lot of family members tend to be open to staying in touch with the person's friends. When a family friend passed away a few years ago, his family invited my family for dinner and it was great to support each other and talk about him. Have you also tried writing him a letter? Sometimes I like to write down things I can't say to someone's face because I find it therapeutic. Different things help for different people when they go through loss and grief though.

@WheresMySquishy  well I would’ve liked to stay in contact with his family, but they hate me, bcuz I made him happy, I wish I could write how I feel as I can’t write, as it don’t go the way I want it to go, I just remember all the fun things we did together