cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Checking in

@Bananatime04 ouch...

Would you like to try to come up with some ideas to help you cope?

Highlighted

I don’t know any ways to cope.. I just slept for 3 hours so I’m not gonna sleep tonight. I’ll be up in pain
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 would you like some suggestions?

Highlighted

Yes please
But only if it’s no trouble..
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 if it's throat pain, warm lemon and honey "tea" can be really good, or even just honey mixed with water. You might be able to try some medicated cold and flu drinks (they can help numb/ reduce the pain), but just double check that they use different medications to your current ones, and that they don't interact.

One thing that really helps me when I'm in pain is to make a warm "nest", normally involving heat packs and blankets, with anything I need within reach.

Distractions are also really useful, even if it's just watching tv.

Highlighted

Thanks @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy
I ended up trying the best of warm things but.. Mum told me I couldn’t because she came and checked on me and my temperature has been really high. I thought it was working but I was really really hot. I also started watching some tv which helped for a bit. At about 10pm I started having really bad pains where my ribs just separate (like just below my chest) and felt like I was going to throw up but I couldn’t. It was very painful especially when I was laying down so I had to stand and got really dizzy. It was a very fun night (not).

Today my throat feels 10x worse but I haven’t had any of my antibiotics for 12 hours so that’s probably why. I have to have them when I get up but I legit can’t move. I’ll be alright though

Thank you for your post Heart how are you going?

Also it was 8:37pm here when you sent that post so I couldn’t go and get the cold and flu drinks and we have no honey left (we ran out on like Tuesday actually but we get groceries every Sunday). I will ask if we can go get some cold and flu drinks today Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 oops.. Yeah the temperature thing isn't ideal... 

I hope this all clears up soon..

Highlighted

Thanks @Tiny_leaf

I’ll be fine
Highlighted

I need help