cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Checking in

Hey @Bananatime04 

It is really hard at the moment. We are social beings and have to socially isolate - it is hard! It's particularly hard for those of us who already struggle, and rely on routine/social interaction to improve our mood. That being said, I really think @Taylor-RO's suggestion to find alternatives is a great idea.

During the times you usually do gymnastics, do you think that maybe you could do some yoga instead? There are heaps of apps and YouTube videos that offer free yoga sessions.

What do you think about this alternative idea? Shall we brainstorm some alternatives for school and work?

P.s. your teacher sounds lovely Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thank you @Maddy-RO Heart I think the thing I need most is just comfort from people because I’m so lonely and it’s only gonna get worse Smiley Sad maybe I could try connect with my khl counsellor again.. I haven’t called her in months and she’s been messaging me checking in but I’m unable to reply to that number as it’s one of those ones that it declines messages to. I think she works again next Friday.

Yoga is alright.. I haven’t completely cut out gymnastics, I still have to do like 3 hours of strength 3 times a week Smiley Sad takes all the fun out of it butI have to keep up with my level, I need to stay on top of strength and flexibility. I can still do back handsprings and basic tumbling, leaps, beam skills ect but it’s boring on my own.
I miss my teacher Smiley Sad I wanna talk to her again but I can’t
Highlighted

Can someone talk to me?
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 I’m here
Highlighted

I gave up
Sorry
Highlighted

It's okay @Bananatime04.

Are you safe right now?

I'm here for you.❤
Highlighted

Yea I’m safe I just didn’t think anyone would want to talk to me and I had a breakdown last night. Mm I’m sorry.

I’m sick again and I’m scared because I’m at my pops house.. he’s in a high risk category for Coronavirus because of his heart and brain
Highlighted

Glad to hear that you're safe.

I'll always want to talk to you.

It's okay, it's not your fault.

Is your throat sore and swollen again?
Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04, it is okay to seek comfort especially at a time like this. I hope you are able reconnect with your KHL counsellor - it sounds like they really care about you. Right now is a good time to start engaging with supports or strategies that you have found helpful before Smiley Happy

I can totally imagine how practising gymnastics just isn't the same anymore. I actually did some cartwheels the other day and I thought it wasn’t quite the same without anyone watching, so it must be incredibly upsetting for you. Hopefully with all this downtime, you can learn some new skills or routines and surprise everyone at gymnastics.

I hope things improve for you physical wise Heart Please make sure you parents and your Pop know that you are feeling unwell.
Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx no it’s not tonsillitis.. I think it’s just hay fever but it’s still worrying. I have sore eyes, throat and my nose is blocked Smiley Sad