cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Checking in

@Bananatime04 you need to take care of yourself.
I don’t want you passing out because of this. I know from experience, that it’s not good. And quite embarrassing in public, too.

If you need to leave the room, then do so. And lay on the floor if possible. You have to look after yourself, even though you don’t want to see your pop scared.
Highlighted

Thank you @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Heart I’m feeling a bit better now as we just left and they asked a few questions.. I know why he was scared now. He hadn’t been to the dentist in 35 years and the dentist has improved a lot since then. He’s actually pretty happy and didn’t feel any of it which makes me happy Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Oh @Bananatime04 , I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be awful seeing your pop in pain like that. He's lucky to have you there to support him Heart 

Are you feeling okay? I know that I am personally really good at coping in any sort of medical emergency with my kids in the moment, but it will often hit me a bit later. So it's totally normal if you feel a bit wiped out this afternoon. 

It sounds like you are a really beautiful granddaughter, I'm sure he is very grateful to have you there for him. 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 I’m glad you’re feeling better now.
I think its fair to be scared of dentists, even if it was 35 years since his last appointment.

I had to get a tooth pulled out, and it was lucky I did at the time, too. It had a little infection starting underneath it...

I didn’t feel anything when I got it done either, because needles like that are good at numbing the pain.
Highlighted

Thank you @Janine-RO and @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Heart
I’m feeling a lot better now.. and I also realised why my relapse with my eating disorder has been so hard! I forgot to take my meds to my pops house so I haven’t had my meds for 3 days and my eating habits have been so easy.. my meds are what have been causing me to crave intensely and making it harder to fight the urges. But without my meds I feel really down and my thoughts are very bad.

Idk what to do Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Heya @Bananatime04 , 

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. With your meds- do you think you could arrange to have a chat with your psychiatrist or GP (whoever prescribed them to you) - a lot of doctors are now doing telehealth appointments for that kind of thing. Different medications can have different side effects for everyone, and it might just mean tweaking them a bit for you until you find a combination that works. You say that without your meds you feel really down - it's usually not recommended to stop taking any medications suddenly as you can have pretty unpleasant side effects. So I would really encourage you to arrange to have a chat to your doctor when you can Smiley Happy 

How much longer are you staying at your pop's house for? 

Highlighted

@Janine-RO can I send you an email? I want to reply but I don’t want to break the guidelines Smiley Sad and the butterfly foundation took so long the other night so I gave up on that
Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04 , that's fine, thanks for asking Smiley Happy 

If I don't get to it tonight, I will make sure I reply to you first thing in the morning, is that okay? Sorry to hear that the butterfly foundation took a long time to get through, I suspect a lot of places are super busy at the moment Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@Bananatime04 That’s good.

Aww, I’ve forgotten my meds before too, but I haven’t had meds for your reasons. Is there anything you can do to calm the urges? Like drawing the SH, the way you suggested? I know it helped me in a way, even if it wasn’t actual harm.
Highlighted

That’s okay @Janine-RO Smiley Happy I sent it