cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Checking in

Hey guys, thanks for the tag @xXLexi_Lou122Xx

You guys have had a really interesting and difficult conversation about the nature of life, meaning and death, and I think you both did a really good job of expressing your ideas, listening and supporting each other. 

A lot of people start to grapple with big existential questions for the first time around your age, and so it makes a lot of sense that it would seem scary and overwhelming. In fact it can be scary and overwhelming for people long after the first couple of times they think about it. Everyone goes through these thoughts, and everyone eventually finds their own way of coping with it. For some, religion can provide the answers to the questions they have, while others look to philosophy, the environment, their relationships, or themselves for the answer. It might be helpful to read some existential writing @Bananatime04. I found this article that talks through some of the basics of existential anxiety. If you want to jump into some more adult works about existentialism, I really recommend looking up Jean-Paul Sartre, or Simone de Beauvior, who are both philosophers that contributed a lot to existentialism and how we think about it! (They can be a little dense, so sparknotes might be helpful to look at!)

Highlighted

Thanks @Andrea-RO
I’m currently talking to lifeline but I will look that up after they leave me.
Highlighted

Interesting.. thank you for sending me those. I’ve had a quick look but will look more into it maybe tomorrow 

Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04.
How are coping this morning?❤️
Highlighted

I’m feeling numb again.. I haven’t felt this way in a while. I always hate wen this happens Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Aww, @Bananatime04.

I also hate when I become numb. Is there anything you can do when you feel this way?
Maybe cuddle Eddie for a while?
Highlighted

I don’t know
Highlighted

Okay @Bananatime04. I’m here if you need, just tag me, and I’ll be here.❤️
Highlighted

Thanks
Highlighted

Good morning @Bananatime04 , sorry to hear you have that numb feeling this morning. It's not a fun place to be sitting in I know. 

Do you think you could go for a walk outside, with Eddie maybe? Is there anything else that you've found useful in the past when you've felt this way? 

It's great that you called lifeline last night, how was the chat with them? 

You are an incredibly strong person, and we are all here for you. One day at a time Heart 

Metamorphosis TLC on Twitter: "You Tell 'EM Pooh! #MetaTLC… "

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here