cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Checking in

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised $44,000!!!! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised That sounds TOO low. I'm thinking that might be an international resource... Like perhaps what a teacher in the U.S. or London might get paid... I just checked and according to indeed.com, on average, Math teachers get paid approx. $44 an hour (so, full time wage that would be $87,000) and another resource said that they get paid around $77,000 a year.

Yep, we do have classes, but depending on your course you'll probably have way less contact hours than highschool/college. So for my undergraduate course, I only had around 12 contact hours a week, which means I had to be on campus for only 12 hours a week, but then I do reading, assessments, group work etc. outside of that time, whether it be at home, or at the library or whatever. Yes, with psychology we wrote essays, also wrote lab reports and literature reviews. For our undergraduate course, no, we didn't really do any practical work. It is all theory. In my honours year (fourth year) we had one counseling psychology class, but even then it only invovled practicing things on other students. Now that I am in my masters, I will begin doing practical work (we call it "placement") with actual patients.

Highlighted

0B537381-0CB6-47F7-8DC3-2165587E80FA.png

That’s the website I looked at.. why would the US earn less than Australia? Sorry I just thought it would be the same everywhere. Do you know if private school teachers earn more than public school teachers? 

oh that is very interesting! Thank you so much! Seems very stressful.. how much time would you spend studying or doing things related to your course a week? 

Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04... well their dollar is different from ours so that could be why, but to be honest I don't really know the answer to that question. I just know that the salaries look less. But their dollar is actually worth more so if it was converted to Australian dollars then it would probably be a similar amount. I'm also not too sure if public/private school teachers get paid differently... it might be worth googling?

In terms of how much time people spend studying in university...I think it would vary...and it kind of depends on how well you want to do etc. They recommend full-time hours, so 38 hours a week of study which is similar to school. I didn't study that much in the first half of my degree, but the second half I did, because I was a lot more serious about my marks. So it kind of just depends I guess, but the recommended hours is around 38 hours which is considered "full-time." Some courses are offered part-time too, so you can always do like half the amount of subjects and still work, but then it'll take twice as long to complete. It just depends what works for you. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I'm logging off now, but I've really enjoyed our chat! It's really great that you're thinking about these kinds of things! I think you'll be great at whatever you choose to do Heart

I'll catch you around the forums soon Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks so much for your reply @Maddy-RO Heart I will keep looking into the different job options

Highlighted

I keep having the worst sleep without my meds Smiley Sad it’s like really bad
Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04 ,

Aw that sounds horrible.  It must be a difficult adjustment for you Smiley Sad.  It can certainly take time for our bodies to adjust post-medication so hopefully your sleep will gradually improve.  It could take a wee while though.

Have you tried any sleep hygiene techniques? Heart

Highlighted

Highlighted

I was just about to reply here @Bananatime04 - I noticed that you mentioned you would take your sleeping medication tonight though.
Highlighted

Highlighted