cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Don’t know what to do

@333 wrote:
I’m trying to understand it’s not my fault but it’s hard.

It really is Smiley Frustrated It can seem like such a simple point, but I spent months and months getting to know it as true when I was processing some similar things that I went through. For me the thing that really brought it home was internalizing that I deserve the kindness of being told what happened wasn't my fault. Once I had that in mind I started reassuring myself of that, and that helped me a lot to believe it.

I'm sure with the right support you'll find a way to be okay again, and there's nothing wrong with being not okay for as long as you need to be Heart

Highlighted

Hey @333 I just wanted to chime in to let you know that you did the right thing to talk about what happened. Also, to validate that saying - I'm too drunk, falling asleep and vomiting are all clear signs that you didn't give consent. It's a really yucky thing to come to terms with, so please let us know what you need to be supported through this. Your feelings are valid and you are safe here to talk through how this has made you feel. I'm just letting you know that I'm sending you an email, so keep an eye out for it. Lots of love to you right now Heart  

Highlighted

Hey @333 I'm glad you're finding the forums supportive Smiley Happy I agree with @Bingo1234 consent means saying yes (when not feeling pressured or when under the influence- not saying anything does not equal consent). I found this cool infographic from kidshelpline, you don't have to check it out if you don't want to but I'll put it up just in case.

Screenshot 2020-09-14 144918.jpgWith that being said, our thoughts aren't always so nice to us, so it can take time to 'emotionally' recognise that this wasn't your fault

Highlighted

Re: TW: Don’t know what to do

Hey @333 how’s it all going?