cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[R@Tiny_leaf And they still made a follow-up to it!

Thanks. I'll see if Ly wants to talk to our counsellor tonight maybe.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS 

Hi - sorry in advance for the novel! 

It's so cool that your system write! Being creative is so powerful. Giving life and a voice to all of your system mates is so important. How long have you been doing that for? 

I've been reading through your past few posts on this thread. With everything that you have explained I see why your system has reservations about coming out as plural. I remember you have also mentioned times where plural communities have treated you poorly. That wouldn't have helped at all. And then to top it all off, movies like Split come out and make the stigma worse. 

I was wondering if you've found anything that talks about being plural, not being a disorder? I have come across some videos and articles that talk to plural people who say very clearly that they don't wished to be viewed through the lens of a diagnoses - just like your system Smiley Happy 

Also - as @Tiny_leaf said you're making positive steps and I wanted to reassure you that talking to someone about your experience as a plural person doesn't mean you have a diagnosis - it is your choice how you identify. Just how talking to someone about your experience as a trans person doesn't mean you are subscribing to some of the societal views of being trans. You are an amazingly creative, kind and strong system - the people in your life would be lucky to have you share each system mate with them, as you have done here. 

Highlighted

[R@Bre-RO Hi. Our system hasn't written much in a while. I wrote one book and finished it just over a year before C appeared. We don't do that much writing, aside from an English assignment about six of us collaborated on earlier this year.

I don't know. I'm worried we have some kind of disorder now. I'm freaking out a bit at the moment.

Thanks. Another minor problem though is what to do with names. We use our actual internal names online and we don't really want to be found because we've been talking online for so long behind our parents' backs, and I don't know how they'd feel about initials. Hypothetically, that might be a problem.

Highlighted

Wow @SomeoneNADJS you've written a book! And if I understood your earlier posts properly, you also create games!? Wow, we have a system of many talents here! That's impressive. My boyfriend has also written a book but is yet to get it published. I feel like it would take so much patience and commitment to write a book!

It sounds like you're feeling very worried about the potential of having a "disorder". You aren't alone...lots of people feel anxious about having some aspect of themselves labelled...(others find it a relief, but that's another story). Would it maybe help to not think of it as a diagnosis? I don't want to discount diagnostic manuals (they do have some merit), but at university we are learning about the many issues associated with categorical diagnostic systems, including their lack of validity and reliability. Might it be better to think of what you're experiencing in terms of symptoms rather than a diagnosis? So instead of telling yourself that you have X diagnosis, maybe you could say "I'm feeling ...." or "I'm experiencing ...".

Hm, in terms of using internal names online, that's tricky. Maybe, when telling someone, you could temporarily name them as "person 1" and "person 2" etc., or something like that?

Highlighted

[R] Thanks Smiley Happy

Maybe that would help, I'm not sure.

We could try that, but it might get a bit confusing for other people. I think it could work though.

Highlighted

[Ly] I couldn't get on to KHL last night and I switched in by accident again. I hate this.

Highlighted

Hey Ly

I'm sorry that you couldn't get onto KHL last night; that must have been very frustrating.  Are you able to try again today?

Highlighted

[LyR's got an appointment with KHL tonight.

Highlighted

[Ni] I believe this is my first post here. Hi! Just wanted to say that Ly found something interesting earlier. A system on a forum we use who've been gone for almost a year made a post in June last year that sounded almost exactly like the situation we had with the new people. Only thing is, they concluded at least some of it was happening because of trauma. I mean, R'd probably never admit it, but there is something I can remember from when she was six that could count, but I don't know. It's been bothering her, but she's been scared to talk about it. Idk.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS trauma can be really hard to recognise, especially since we tend to try to minimise it.

It can also be different for everyone.

If R wants to talk about it, she's welcome to.

Also hi!! I don't think you have posted before, it's nice to meet you.