cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[Ni@Tiny_leaf Nice to meet you too Smiley Happy I'll check on R later.

Highlighted

[RNi woke me up a couple of minutes ago. He was expecting me to be angry that he mentioned it, but I'm kinda glad he brought it up. I'm not sure if it would count, but I remember at least once or twice (I won't say who did this):

Spoiler
I think I must have misbehaved or something but [redacted] punished me and made me cry. I'm not sure how many times this happened because it was so long ago.

It only really started to bother me this year and the memory of it kept coming up in some of my anxiety attacks when I went to school. I don't think it has anything to do with our plurality, but I don't really know what's happening any more. I haven't really talked about this with anyone outside the system. I think I've only talked about it once to A, and that's about it. I've mostly just kept it to myself. 

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS that sounds like it would've been really horrible... 

Highlighted

[R] It was @Tiny_leaf 

Highlighted

[R] There's another bit of news I keep forgetting to bring up. A friend of a friend who was a trans girl died recently. She was in a documentary I saw a few months ago, and it's been upsetting to know she's dead.

Highlighted

Hi @SomeoneNADJS, I am sorry to hear about your experience as a child. It must have been so frightening and upsetting to have to go through that. It sounds like it has had a really massive impact on you. Why do you feel glad that Ni brought this up?

Sorry to hear about the sad news you received. My condolences go out to you and your friend Heart

Just so you know, I had to edit out your description of the abuse - I tried to keep it as close as I could to the original meaning.
Highlighted

[R@Taylor-RO I'm glad Ni brought it up because I was scared to bring it up myself. I didn't think it was that bad as that it needed editing, but to be fair, I didn't really know how serious this was. I've been mostly trying to ignore it.

Thank you

Highlighted

It sounds like it was helpful for Ni to bring it up and I am glad it has not left you feeling angry @SomeoneNADJS! Trauma is really different for everyone - it can really be dependant on the impact that it has had on you. If you felt the need, you could explore it a little more with a therapist to find out more about how it has/hasn't impacted you Smiley Happy It might help you decide whether it is linked to your plurality as well.

We generally avoid any descriptions of abuse and try to keep it simple - you never know what someone has been through and therefore what may trigger them. It is no big deal, we totally understand.. and it is what we are here for Heart
Highlighted

[Ma] The system has increased in size yet again. There are three new people: P, Al and I. Just so you know who we are.

@Taylor-RO I think it might be helpful if R did that. Her counsellor suggested doing that when she went on to chat yesterday night. Good to know.

Anyway, P actually got briefly mentioned before as the "new person" in one of Ly's posts: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Something-s-not-right/TW-Feeling-Miserable-and-Stuff/m-p/390939/hi.... What happened then was after about 20 minutes of being switched in, they managed to get to take over from them. Everyone thought they were gone until R checked on them. They helped Ly calm down a bit the other day, and I remember Ce also had a conversation with Ly yesterday. Hopefully they'll settle in soon.

Al was around a little bit before P I think. She helped R during a panic attack, and assumed that's all she'd be around for. And as for me, I showed up yesterday morning. I can't tell if it was R or Ly who was switched in at the time, but whoever it was knew I was there.

Highlighted

Hello Ma! I am glad that you think the suggestion was helpful @SomeoneNADJS. Did anything else come out of the chat with the KHL counsellor? It seems like they have really supportive so far which is great.

It seems like a bit of change is occurring at the moment for your system. Are there any feelings that are raised for the newcomers or existing members? It seems like everyone has been contributing despite only being new Heart