cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[Mn*] I'm the one Br was talking about. I think she switched out. I'll let her know.

A factive is a member based on someone or something real on the outside. There's also a similar term (fictive) for members based on fictional sources.

I just kind of want to go dormant.

Highlighted

Hello @SomeoneNADJS, sorry to hear that things have been a bit difficult lately. How are things going for you today? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey @SomeoneNADJS I just wanted to check in because we haven't heard from you in a little while Smiley Happy How's everything going?
Highlighted

[D@Lost_Space_Explorer5 We just came back from a short holiday, so we’re going alright. I think R agreed to let Br become host, but at the moment a lot of people are just exchanging control.

I think Br found another past host, so now we know there have been 7-8 hosts of our system (as we’re unsure if Io is a split or an ex-host, and not counting Br). We’re also trying hard not to think about our trauma, and a lot of us are still worried we could be wrong about whether our system came from trauma or not.

I think I just took over from Dm (one of R’s splits) and she was a bit worried about a doctor’s appointment we have this morning, since this doctor we’ve only seen once and she only found out about our plurality recently, so we’re not sure what to expect. Dm was also worried about if the doctor will think we’re faking. I think the appointment is mainly going to be about HRT though, so I don’t know if I need to be worried.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS Hey D, I spoke to R and Dm a bit last week. I'm glad to hear you're on holidays and got to go away! How was your trip? It sounds like there's been a lot going on in the system with the hosts changing and some of the mental health issues R and Dm mentioned last week. Are you feeling okay with everything? It sounds like there's been a lot of discovery this past week.

I agree that if you're finding trying to uncover whether or not you had trauma is upsetting you, it might be something that you can leave alone until you feel more comfortable and strong, or maybe have more certainty about what your support system is with your doctor and school counsellor. Sometimes although it's good to know about the past, it's important to look after yourself in the present! It's a lot of work and sometimes managing yourself and the stress you have now is enough. Do you have any hobbies or activities you can do to take your mind off of it? I find being creative really helps me Smiley Happy

I hope everything goes okay with your doctor. If the appointment is about something else, you can always just redirect the conversation back to the topic at hand. Maybe you can find something fun and rewarding to do after your appointment to unwind if it's stressful? Let us know how it goes if you'd like.

Highlighted

Hey D, sorry for the late response! How was the holiday? Did the doctors appointment go okay? It seems it's not just R who is worried about whether the system is trauma based or not. Do you think knowing this would make R feel less alone in her worries? Did host switch go okay?
Highlighted

[R@StormySeas17 Our trip was good. We decided to stay for an extra night. We're alright at the moment I guess.

We like developing games I guess. We've been doing some of that recently as well as school work to try and distract us.

We kept getting referred to as "personalities" in the appointment I think. None of us like that because we're not personalities but most of us are too scared to speak up for ourselves. Other than that it went alright and they said they wouldn't be taking away our HRT.

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 The doctor's appointment was okay I think. I don't think I was there for it which probably explains why I don't remember much of it. I know it's a concern had by a lot of us, but I just don't know what to believe because none of us have found another system like us. Br hasn't been around much in the last few days, and we've mostly just been cycling through random people so no one in particular is spending the most time switched in. We're also at 320 members now.

Highlighted

Hey R! It's really good to hear from you! Wow, that's a lot of new members! How have you been? Have you done anything nice for yourself lately? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS Hi R, nice to hear from you Smiley Happy

Game development sounds super interesting! What kind of games are you working on? Does it involve a lot of coding? It's good you've been able to find things to do.

I'm sorry to hear that you were being misidentified Smiley Sad Maybe one day there will be an opportunity to mention it. I just wanted to ask what the best word is to use? You mention that you have more members now. I'm glad that your HRT is still okay.

I think it's okay to feel like you're a bit lost when you haven't found a system like yourself yet. I think I mentioned this before but once you're in a good place you might want to do some research or self-reflection if that's something that helps. But at the end of the day it's all about acceptance, and getting to that stage whatever way works, I think. Is everything going okay with everyone cycling in and out?

Highlighted

Hey @SomeoneNADJS, just wanting to check in on you to see how things are going? I hope you're doing okay Smiley Happy