cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW Feeling shit about myself

Thank you @Bananatime04 @Tasi and @WheresMySquishy

The volunteering was fairly good, I got to help work with an emu chick who was struggling to walk.

He also keeps trying to eat rocks for some reason.. Smiley Indifferent

And then I nearly ended up in between two kangaroos who weren't that happy with each other, and screamed at and attacked by a chicken-demon/ velo-chic-raptor.

Anyway.. Now gotta figure out how to bring up the idea of hospital with my parents..

There's way too much going on but I really need to go somewhere while headspace figures out what to do with me.

Especially if they end up saying they can't help...

Haha that’s Australia @Tiny_leaf.. boxing kangaroos 😆
Good luck talking to your parents. I don’t really have any advice on how to do it because I can’t even talk to mine.
Hopefully headspace can find someway to help Smiley Happy

Volunteering with animals sounds like so much fun @Tiny_leaf!
Kind of reminds me of the chicken from Moana...

giphy

Hmm... It sounds really tricky. Smiley Frustrated
Could you get someone to suggest the idea to your parents like a psychologist or a support worker?
If you tell them that you think you now need more support after the loss of your nana, do you think they would be understanding? You could also add that you feel like you would benefit with structured, daily support.

Thanks @Bananatime04 and @WheresMySquishy 

I SPENT AGES LOOKING FOR THAT GIF!!!

I could only find Moana putting the coconut over his head though... 

I don't know how long it'll be before I get that chance.. I think I do have to do it.

They'll be supportive I think. Just actually doing the talking is gonna be hard... 

Oh my gosh your animal adventures sound very fun and kind of wacky @Tiny_leaf !

I can imagine bringing the conversation up with your parents will be quite hard. When I have a hard conversation ahead I like to write notes on my phone... I don't usually use them but I'm quite visual so having things written down clears my mind.

You may have gotten that advice before... have you ever used a strategy when bringing something up with them before?

Highlighted

@Tasi definitely.

I've also gotten into a fight with a (different) kangaroo, been harassed by an emu, bitten by a goose (geese are scary), spent like half an hour trying to chase chickens back through a gate (and then 15 minutes fixing a hole in said gate), and a heap of other stuff. Animals are just.. weird. 

I somehow managed to speak to dad about it, he's going to look into the hospital thing.

Idk what to think rn. I'm just really tired.

Me trying to find queer-friendly health services:

Image result for pixar lifted gif

Like it's 100% possible I'll be treated like crap by the people who were meant to help me, and that it'll all just reinforce my issues.

That's not the sorta thing I want to leave to chance.

I don't understand what it is about my gender that's just so unacceptable to people.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for me to find services that are safe.

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

I’m sorry to hear finding queer friendly services in your area has been so challenging Smiley Sad  Everyone has a right to access safe services Heart

I am wondering if you have had a look at the rainbow tick accreditation page to see which services have passed accreditation as queer safe spaces? There’s a list of services here.

Are there any rainbow tick certified services local to you? 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@Jess1-RO yeah, I have.

There are a few. Most of them are dentists for some reason.

I'm not even kidding about the dentist thing. Like seriously if you want trans friendly dental care come to WA.