cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling shit about myself

@WheresMySquishy I've been once for a couple of weeks, but atm I'm hoping that most hospitals are nothing like it...

I'm not going back to that hospital though, ever.

I just need to convince the other hospital to let me in even though I don't live in its catchment area, because it's the only other one that'll accept people my age.... 

"Online chat is currently unavailable due to technical issues. If you need to speak to a counsellor, please call our telephone helpline." 😢

This isn't fair... I thought I'd found help 

Khl probably won't be able to do anything but I don't have any other options. Ugh I hate this whole process 

Edit: Khl were... actually able to help me.

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

I am so sorry to hear accessing help was challenging last night, I can hear how frustrating that experience was for you Heart Good on you for persevering down other avenues to seek support last night. Thank you for editing in that update too, we were relieved to hear that you found KHL helpful in the end.

Seeking help can be a really tough process, and I am so impressed by your continued determination to find services that work for you Heart It has been a long journey for you Heart 

How are you going today? 

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Thanks @Jess1-RO 

Not great.. the headspace people'll be coming to the house any moment now and my parents are in "people will see the state of our house!!!" mode..

I'm pretty nervous....

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

I hope that the Headspace people coming to your home today ended up being a positive experience. How are you feeling about it? Heart 

I totally get the whole parents panicking about the state of the house thing though! This is my mum whenever someone coming anywhere near her house 

home video infomercial GIF

@Bre-RO yup, that was my house this morning Smiley Tongue

It went alright I guess. It turns out that the hospital I went to was actually not legally allowed to hold me involuntarily because I wasn't under the mental health act. This was not communicated to me like, ever. I honestly thought that even if I'd self admitted I wouldn't be allowed to leave until they decided I could.

Basically I have way more rights than I was given or told about. 

The online part of Suicide Callback Service seems to be offline..?

Their website specifically says they can't provide technical support and to use the phone if it isn't working, which is completely useless for people who can't use phones...

Hey @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy
I’m not positive but maybe they are like lifeline and their chat service is only open for a certain amount of hours.. lifeline opens at 7 and I think it closes around 12. I’ve personally never used suicide call back service because I’m not 15 yet so I’m not sure
Were you able to stay safe last night?
The other options are kids helpline, eheadspace, lifeline, beyondblue, 1800 respect and I just found another counselling website but your parents have to fill out something and since your parents are aware maybe it could be an option? It’s https://www.teencounseling.com/next/
It sounds good and I’d do it but my parents don’t know about mine. You can also specify what you want your counsellor to have knowledge in and specify other things about your counsellor Smiley Happy

Hey @Tiny_leaf I'm glad the visit from headspace went okay, and what a revelation that you had all those right you didn't know about! So frustrating that they weren't communicated to you at the time! Smiley Sad

I see that you were up quite early in the night/morning - how are you feeling at the moment?

Hope you're able to do some self-care today. May some DIY projects? Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //