cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Feeling stressed, tired and overwhelmed right now

@WheresMySquishy Yea thanks. I'm contemplating taking a very late leave of absense if need be. I feel like I am on the cusp of something going bad which I did tell my GP about. The last thing I need is for this stress to trigger an epsiode because it has in the past. My mind is racing right now as I am trying to think of options ahead for me. I have even disclosed my diagnosis to some of my group members to let them know in advance as I don't want to be the reason that we do not do well or worse, let my group members down. In saying all of this, it is reassuring to know that my GP has my back for all of this

Highlighted

Hey @hunginc 

It actually sucks that you had to do a 10-person assignment basically by yourself Smiley Sad - sounds incredibly stressful for anybody!!!! It's great that you recognise that you are in need of support right now. Is your mind racing in an anxious way or manic way...? Or is it hard to tell?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO I did have two members work on it as well which I forgot to mention. My mind is racing in more of an anxious way. I am just mentally exhausted from when that assignment was due, which was like 2-3 weeks ago. And now, I am also physically exhausted. My mind is racing right now because I have now idea what to do. That is, do I keep pushing or just drop out or take a leave of absence to get all of this sorted out as I don't want to risk another episode. The other two led me to hospitalisation and is something I don't want to put myself or my family through again (i.e. manic and psychotic depressive episodes)

Highlighted

Hey @hunginc 

Right, I see what you mean! Yeah, university can be really stressful. Take a few deep breaths to help with your anxiety. Download our "breathe" app if you can - it'll help guide your breathing. 

Now, you mentioned special consideration earlier. Have you applied for that yet? How many subjects are you doing?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO @Yea, I have applied for it. It'll take 1-10 working days for it to be approved. I'm only doing 3 subjects this semester

Highlighted

I see @hunginc ! Do you think you'll feel less stressed if it gets approved?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO I have no idea at this point because my GP said to take it a week at a time. On top of all of this, I another a four-person assignment, another 10-person assignment, tests/quizzes and exams etc. I am not in the right headspace right to know as I'm trying my best to follow my GP's recommendations. It has just been a rough day. I almost broke down in their tears in front of my GP. I did go for a walk earlier today as well and broke down crying for no good reason whatsoever. When I do go outside, I do not feel safe so I will stay inside until my appointment with my GP on Monday

Highlighted

Aw, @hunginc that sounds really hard. Do you think it might be a good idea to take a few deep breaths, do something nice for yourself (cup of tea, warm bath or shower), and try and get an early night's sleep? You've had a difficult day and you deserve some rest. Try not to worry about university - it sounds like your doctor has your back and like things will work out in the end. Just keep reminding yourself that you are doing everything you can and following all of your doctors recommendations. Your health comes first.

If things get too overwhelming for you, there are services that you can contact from some counseling, which you may already know about (most people who use our forums do). We have a list services here that you can contact. Also, feel free to continue to speak to us for some extra support and a shoulder (or shoulders) to lean on. We're ALWAYS here to support you and listen. Heart

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO My GP is putting me on back on a mental health care plan on Monday (hopefully the wait list isn't long this time). 

Highlighted

that's really good to hear @hunginc ! 

How have you been feeling today?have you gotten up to much for the start of your weekend? Smiley Happy