cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Feeling stressed, tired and overwhelmed right now

@hunginc

It seems like you're starting to slowly recover from the burnout, which is really great! It will take some time until you feel fully recovered, but just keep taking small steps like the ones you've already taken, and you'll get there eventually.
Learning to listen to your body is much easier said than done, so don't feel discouraged if you find the process difficult. It seems like you're making some great decisions for yourself and surrounding yourself with the right people, so I'm sure you'll be okay Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@katurian Definitely agree with you there. I have one button and that is the go button (I must have misplaced the stop button, haha), I do, however, appreciate everyone on here for your support. It just feels so much better knowing that I don't have to struggle on my own and that there are actually people out there (e.g. friends, Reachout community) who I can talk to about my diagnosis without judgement.   

Highlighted

I feel this is a very relatable quote:  "I have one button and that is the go button (I must have misplaced the stop button, haha) " 

It can be so intense when you're just going and going, I know for me that when I stop I have a bit of a crash - like when I would have an intense uni term then as soon as it was holidays I would get really sick - as though my body was saying "Oh ok time to relax a bit and let out what we've been holding in!"

I'm so glad you feel like you've got people to talk to about your diagnosis and that you've found some support here on the forum. Also great that you're feeling less physically exhausted.

I agree with @katurian that listening to your body can be a bit of a process, be gentle with yourself Heart 

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO Definitely. I have managed well in previous semesters. But now, I know what the problem was and will ensure that this is not the case when I do return to study next year

Highlighted

hi @hunginc I'm so sorry I'm late to this thread but I've been reading through and wow you should be so proud of yourself for the steps you've taken to help get yourself back on track and cope with your stresses/situation right now. I completely understand how stressful uni can be I myself am finding it really stressful but hearing about your resilience and perseverance has actually been really inspiring to me so I thought I would let you know that! I'm sorry that things have been difficult for you lately, but very happy that your leave of absence got approved. How are you going today? Are there any other strategies you've been trying lately?

Highlighted

@celestialdreamer No worries. I'm doing quite well today (I spent 30mins doing some cardio). I went back to the basics which helped me get out of a rut a few years ago (i.e., exercise). So, I did just that yesterday and did some squats and benches presses along with some dumbbell exercises. It definitely sucked as I've only been eating two small meals a day to take my medication but is something that I feel I needed to do

Highlighted

@hunginc really glad to hear that today is a better day for you and that you've been exercising which gives some great feel-good endorphins! That must be really hard with your medication and eating but just remember you're doing the best you can! Heart

Highlighted

@celestialdreamer Probably was a bad idea reflecting back on it but lying on a flat bench is fun, haha

Highlighted

@hunginc oh no why do you think it wasn't the best idea?

Highlighted

@celestialdreamer Bad idea at the time as I wasn't eating and sleeping enough leading up to that workout.