cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Having negative thoughts

Thanks @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Heart
Your support is so helpful as well and of course I’ll talk to you about it! I just asked queenP because I thought she’d have the best advice/experience with this type of topic Smiley Happy
Have you had anything on for the day?

Thanks @Tiny_leaf! Heart
I’m not too sure what queer is.. what does that mean? I’m sorry
Would you think of me any different if I am bi?
Thank you for supporting me Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Bananatime04That sounds like a good idea to add extra bits which you think are important.

In regards to if you're not sure about a post, or what you can post, I would suggest checking out our guidelines and values, and if you're still not sure, flicking an email through to forums@reachout.com and staff/after-hours mods can provide some feedback Smiley Happy

That sounds frustrating that your parents were able to read something you wanted to remain confidential. I wonder if that was passed onto your doctor? Confidentiality is a  big deal and some times this does have to be broken, was there anything in your email which may have warranted that? I'm not sure how old you are, but the age where health professionals have to keep what you say confidential unless you allow them to let your parents know differs a little around AU, which is covered in this article about age and confidentiality.

You may have already seen these articles, or are aware, but wanted to link them in just in case Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that it feels like your parents are judging you around the topic of the email. It's not a nice feeling at all to feel like we're being judged. Are you able to do something nice for you today?

I wonder why you don't think your parents would let you see the counselor alone? Have you previously spoken to them about this?

There were some pretty big emotions you were feeling yesterday, so wanted to check-in and see how you feeling now Smiley Happy

(Sorry I know I've asked lots of questions, some I think you've probably answered a heap here before, but I don't remember, and want to ensure I have the correct info to support you Heart )

(EDITSmiley Happy Also wanted to add in that RO is a safe place as @Tiny_leaf mentioned and we will support you no matter what you identify your sexuality as. Personally I don't have any experience around sexuality, but I really like @queenP's idea of learning to love you and how you feel and being comfortable with that before worrying about who to tell/how to tell people.  Heart  I'm also glad to hear you've got a couple totally rad friends who you can talk to Smiley Happy

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi @Bananatime04 

No problem! It's a bit of a weird one.

It's basically a term that some but not all LGBTIQA+ people use to describe themselves.

I personally use queer because it saves me from writing a paragraph about myself, but others prefer not to use it to describe themselves for various reasons.

And not at all, you're still exactly the same person, you just know a bit more about yourself now. 

Thanks @Bee Smiley Happy
I have been posting pretty well lately and I’m quite happy with myself! Tiny_leaf’s idea of how to stay in the guidelines has been a very successful piece of advice! I have a couple times sent an email through to confirm that a post is within the guidelines and I will not hesitate to do so if I feel the need or have any second thoughts on a post.

I am 15 and no the doctor was reading the email the first time when she saw me and my parents were given that time to read the whole thing that was like over 1000 words long and it revealed so much that I did not want them to be aware of. I guess I can’t really take it back now but I still feel a bit off by them being able to read a whole email that I requested to be confidential. I feel a bit portrayed to be honest..

No, I haven’t been able to do anything nice for myself today because I’ve had 2 very long and busy shifts at work and I’m so worn out now 😪 especially after having to walk all that way

My parents don’t have a problem with me seeing a counsellor alone but it’s just with doctors.. they’re so nosy and want to know everything. It’s like all they think is oh I’m her parents, we deserve to know what’s going on and what she’s going through when really.. no I just want some fucking space and help from professionals because they can’t ever find the time to support me. No ones ever here for me until it’s too late.. I’m not a little kid anymore and I just want them to let me have the independence that I want and really need Smiley Sad

Right now I feel absolutely horrible but I’m managing my safety quite well. I am very sore physically, very drained emotionally and mentally insane. My mind is going flat out. How are you feeling?

Thank you Heart

@Tiny_leaf I don’t fully understand.. so I could call myself queer to other people instead of having to explain that I am attracted to both genders or whatever? So anyone like a lesbian, gay etc can say I’m queer instead of explaining how? Queer is a word that covers all the sexualities other than straight? I’m sorry I’m actually so stupid.. I tried to google it and it just kept saying the word weird

Thank you for seeing me as the same person Heart

@Bananatime04 well technically it does mean weird but the words sorta been "stolen" now. Smiley Tongue

But yep! Lesbian, gay, bi, trans or anyone else under the lgbtiqa+ umbrella could call themselves queer.

It can cover everyone who isn't straight and everyone who's trans/ genderqueer. 

It's a bit of an umbrella term that covers a lot of groups.

Aha, I found an article that explains it better than I can! https://www.minus18.org.au/index.php/articles/item/31-what-does-queer-mean-anyway

@Bananatime04  Well done for managing your safety! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry about what happened with the doctor. Smiley Sad I can relate to feeling like that with some doctors. You deserve to have your wishes respected. Heart
Do you think it would be helpful to set up some boundaries with what your doctor can reveal?

Ahh thanks @Tiny_leaf
I’ll have a read of that later! I have work now 😒

Thanks @WheresMySquishy 😊
Well the doctor didn’t mean to show my parents the email.. the computer was just in everyone’s vision and they were just nosy and read it. It’s kinda too late now tho. I can’t really take it out of their brains but I’ll try see her alone next time