cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Having negative thoughts

@Bananatime04, They do! so when you first become a mod, you get to come to RO headquarters and then do some training on how to be a volunteer mod on the platform. 

Builders are our "pre-mods", so our moderators are generally builders before graduating to the mod position. If you're more interested in either of these things, we have some threads which go into a lot of info about the roles! So, if you follow this link there's a special discussion thread on what it's like to be a forum mod, as well as this guide on how to apply to be a builder Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Bananatime04 that sucks...

Sometimes if I wasn't able to stop it getting control or ignore what it was saying, I'd just ignore it for a few seconds.

It was still frightening, but more achievable at the time and after a while I was able to not listen to it for longer.

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO Woah that’s cool as! Too bad I’m not old enough Smiley Sad maybe in the future if I get on top of my mental state a little more, it could be an option Smiley Happy ok two more questions.. do mods get to meet all you guys? And do they get to come back or is it just training once?
Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf I wish I could have the strength to do that but it’s too scary.. and I have the fear of punishment as well Smiley Sad

@Bananatime04 do you think you could manage waiting only one second?

I know exactly what you mean, doing that can be terrifying.. but even doing it occasionally will make a difference. Would it be worth giving it a try do you think?

Highlighted

Uh @Tiny_leaf the only time I have tried to ignore it was when I was with you at like 2am and That came with punishment.. I haven’t really done anything about it since then or even before then
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 I know... it's really hard.

It's just I also know that things only started improving for me once I'd started trying to ignore it. I think that was why it was so angry when I tried. I had to go really slowly.

But in the end it's your choice how you handle this, and whatever you choose I and others here can support you through it. 

Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04, @Tiny_leaf
I haven’t really looked back on the rest of the convo, but how are you guys tonight?
I haven’t spoken to you both at the same time in a while... Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm a little tired but otherwise okay. How about you?

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf it’s so scary tho 😓 I don’t think I’d be able to do it alone..