Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Having negative thoughts

Sorry @xXLexi_Lou122Xx I just can’t forgive myself
Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04 , thanks so much for those lovely words!  It truly is a privilege to come to work here at ReachOut, I'm part of a great team and feel really lucky Heart Heart 

I think you show so much maturity when you talk about your mum and stepdad's move - it does sound like a wonderful opportunity for them in a lot of ways, and I completely understand your decision to stay where you are with your current support network. That sounds like a smart move. But I also think your hurt and pain over this is valid, and it's okay to express that to your mum if you need to. 

I have quite a lot of close family members who live all over the world, and I am grateful every day that we live in the age of FaceTime, Skype and smart phones. I know it's not the same as having someone in the room with you and I don't want to minimise how much you'll be missing them, but do you think having regular FaceTime chats will be something that could help you? 

We are all here for you, and I'm really glad you can open up here when you need to. 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

It can be really hard to forgive ourselves for things we think we've done wrong @Bananatime04. All I can suggest is give yourself some time. With a little bit of distance from the situation it might be easier to think clearer. We're all behind you here. You're only human like everyone else, and we all make mistakes and do the wrong thing sometimes. Sending you virtual hugs for yesterday! 

Thank you @MisoBear Heart
How is the course going? Is it for a first aid certificate? When I was studying for it, I had a huge really thick folder full of pages and pages of information on so many different topics and when I went through them all before our exam it was pretty triggering. Just some of the stuff we had to go through was too much detail and kind of distressing.
Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04, not too bad, just finished (3 hrs early wahoo!). I wasn't really triggered or anything but I couldn't look at some of the pictures cause I have a weak stomach. But I got through it. I had to do it cause I'm doing my masters this year and some of my placements might be in hospitals or allied health settings, so I've got to know this stuff as a requirement. 

@MisoBear  well done for finishing it up, and good luck for starting your masters! Can I ask what you are studying? Exciting times Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Not a problem @Janine-RO! Heart
Thank you Smiley Happy
Sorry to hear your family lives away from you. I am getting a Skype account set up for a weekly FaceTime call with my mum and step dad but it’s just going to make me cry everytime. I’m going to be heartbroken and idk if I can deal with that. I’m really not good at letting people go Smiley Sad

Do you have any idea if Jess is online atm?

Yay @MisoBear! Good job! I hope it went well.. when do you get your results? Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx can we talk?
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 soon I hope! I used to live in Tassie and I was quite far away from my family on the mainland. I found it hard but as time went on I found a pattern and routine for calls and I settled in to being away from them. While it still hurt a lot to be away from them, it got better over time. You still miss them but the pain isn't fresh. I promise this will happen for you too.