Highlighted

Re: TW: Having negative thoughts

Can someone plz talk to me?
Highlighted

Hi @Bananatime04 what's up?

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf I’m so sorry Smiley Sad I thought no one was going to talk to me so I decided to cry myself to sleep.. I got to speak to my counsellor yesterday which was good. I told her about most things that have happened recently and I am calling her next Wednesday. I’m so scared.. I find it really hard saying my problems out loud and prefer to do it like this (typing). But we have a lot to get through in our next session so I kinda have to.
Highlighted

Hey @Bananatime04

I just wanted to check in, how are you feeling this afternoon?

You should be really proud of being able to speak with your counsellor about what you're going through at the moment, and it so good that you've managed to line up another session with her on Wednesday Heart 

It can be really scary to say some of the things we're thinking aloud, particularly if they are quite distressing or dark thoughts. Did you want to talk through some strategies which might make it easier to talk about in preparation for your session?

Highlighted

Honestly.. @Andrea-RO I’ve been better. But I’ll be fine
Had work this morning and it was so stressful. I also kept thinking there was someone behind me.. there was this shadow. Everywhere. Then this guy was following me when I went shopping for my family (Christmas) he followed me from my work into the first place I went then disappeared. I was alright tho.

Thank you Heart

Do you have any suggestions?
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 I've just had a read through the last several pages, and there's been lots that's happened and lots of emotions.

I’m glad to hear you’ve been posting well recently! So glad tiny_leaf’s idea to stay within guidelines has been helpful for you Heart

I’m sorry to hear that the GP was a bit careless about letting your parents see, and that your parents felt they were entitled to the info. That sounds really frustrating that they haven’t tried to talk to you about it either. Smiley Sad Sending big hugs your way.

Today sounds quite stressful. I can't imagine how that would have felt to have a shadow follow you.
I don't have any suggestions to help, but I wonder what you think would be most helpful for you tonight?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Thank you @Bee Heart
Hopefully next Tuesday she lets me have some time with her on my own. Otherwise I give up Smiley Sad

My parents won’t stop getting in the way of me getting the right help that is most helpful for me. She’s not even letting me go to my dads house unless my dad is home because my step sister has self harmed in the past! She thinks she’s a bad influence on me but no! My step sister is the only person in my life that can help me as well as understanding with this topic.. she’s been here, knows what it’s like and knows what helps. And she’s there every step of the way. But no my freaking parents have to be difficult dont they.. ugh I’m so sorry I just don’t feel good at all

Honestly right now I really want to talk to my counsellor on kids helpline. She was so helpful last night and she knows how to calm me down. She is on right now but I spoke to her yesterday and she probably can’t talk again Smiley Sad

I am safe atm
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 Heart you're welcome

I hope you're able to see her alone for a bit, even if you ask if you can go in for a bit alone and then get your parents to come in after to kind of debrief them? Idk if it'd work or be helpful..

That sounds really hard. It sounds like your parents are trying to be protective of you and 'keep you safe' without realising how restricting and hurtful it feels to you. I wonder if you've tried to explain how having someone who can relate helps you feel less alone and how it helps?

It's okay to not feel so good right now Heart

Is there a reason why you wouldn't be able to talk to your KHL counselor again tonight?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee I know that they would do that if I said something and they would let me go in alone if I asked but.. my anxiety.. panic.. I can’t.. I just can’t get it out. I’m literally a fuck up Smiley Sad
The same with telling them about my step sister.. I just find talking so hard! I can’t help it but it makes me panic and I get so hot, my heart rate gets really high, I breathe fast and I get dizzy and so much more. I’m sorry

My counsellor said I can have 1 session a week.. it’s not even been 24 hours yet
Highlighted

I hope you’re ok @Tiny_leaf Heart