cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hey @Taylor-RO.

I haven’t emailed her yet, but I don’t really see any point in doing so anymore. If I do feel like it, then I might another time.

Yup, head knocks and aches just aren’t fun.
I know from too much experience how bad they can be.

I mean throughout the day, but getting a better sleep at night could also help.

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

I just wanted to quickly let you know that I've had to edit your post. I'll be sending you an email shortly to better explain why I had to remove some of the language in it. Smiley Happy

I figured I may have accidentally broken the guidelines after reading that.

Okay, I’ll keep a look out.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx, I am sorry to hear that you had a really difficult break up. Those kind of things really suck Smiley Sad Do you know anyone that has had a similar experience? We have an article and resources about breaking up here

I also thought I would pop in here to address your answer to my question. It is okay to change your mind about emailing her. As you said, you can always email her at another time if you feel the desire or need to. 

I have some tips but they are all pretty personalised to me, so they may not be helpful. But I don't mind sharing Smiley Happy I personally like to minimise laying down during the day, I like to make sure I am in a well-lit room and get my body moving even if it is a little walk. I also make sure I wear my glasses - before I knew I needed them, it caused a lot of unknown fatigue. Is this something you have talked about with your GP? I am not sure if you have mentioned this before, so apologies if you have Heart 

Highlighted

Hey @Taylor-RO.
I’m not too worried about the breakup thing, but it was another factor contributing to my trash day.
Thank you for the link though, I’ll look at it if I need be.

That’s okay, I can still try them anyway.
I don’t need glasses, but that’s pretty good that you can remember them. My sister and brother have them, but my sister only needs them for reading. My brother has to wear them full time... I feel sorry for him...

Those tips look pretty good, so I may also give them a try.

No, I haven’t really told my gp about this...
I’m not too worried, it’s only been a problem because my sister has a bunch of needs at the moment. She got her tonsils removed, and she hasn’t been eating. Or drinking. So that has been worrying me, but usually I can sleep okay. Unless I have a flashback all night long, but that’s a different thing.

Thank you for the tips @Claire-RO, @Taylor-RO. I’ll look at using them when I get the chance. Smiley Happy

I am glad it isn't worrying you too much, you sound really resilient and strong @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Smiley Happy

You know what, I actually thought I would be upset at having to wear glasses.. I never felt like they'd suit me..  but my vision is so much better that I actually want to wear them.. weird, hey? I can't forget them because I can't see distances very well without them Smiley LOL

You can always see how you go but your GP might have some tips that are more specific to you. It is always good just to get a general check up to see whether there is anything else behind all this drowsiness. I am sorry that something is disrupting your quality of sleep though.. sleep is so very important. It is at the top of the list of my requirements actually Smiley Very Happy

Yeah.

That’s fair enough @Taylor-RO. I would be upset if I had to wear glasses, but that’s only because I do a lot of sport. I wouldn’t be able to put into my daily routine if I needed them.

It is weird, isn’t it...?

I might have to ask another time, as I don’t have another appointment with her for a while.

That’s pretty good that it’s at the top of your list!
My education and Mental health is at the top of mine, but for reasons that I’m too lazy to say right now.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

Sounds like a good plan to chat to your GP next time you see them Smiley Happy 

You've mentioned a few posts up that your sister has been struggling at the moment, and this has had an impact on your stress levels. Is it mainly related to her tonsils? Do your parents know she has been struggling after the surgery?

It's always hard watching a sibling go through a tough time Heart The fact that you have been reaching out and working on your health and wellbeing really sets a good example and role models for her to look after her health too Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hey @Jess1-RO.
Yeah.

It’s all related to her tonsillectomy operation. My parents are the ones who look after her. Her throat started bleeding on Monday night, but she has been to the hospital for 2 nights, and is back now. She’s doing pretty good now, and she’s nearly finished her recovery. The 2 days she was in hospital, I replaced my mum. My mum was with my sister. As for my dad and the rest of my siblings, I made lunches for school, put the youngest 2 to bed, and did whatever else my mum would have done. I’m so very exhausted.

I’m doing better myself, and I’m very proud of myself for actually being sassy today! A classmate, who is a ‘kool kid’, asked how my day was going, and I said that it could be a lot better if the rest of them would shit up and do their work. I literally said that a bit louder for them all to hear, and they reacted how I expected them to.

My relief teacher for that lesson also smiled when she heard that. That teacher knows me really well, and she knows that I don’t stand up for myself very often. Smiley Happy

I still feel a little unsafe at school, because the aftermath of what happened on Friday in Math is haunting me. But I am okay. I will survive the rest of the term. Including being the organised one when the teachers should be the organised ones. By this, I mean my Extracurricular teachers. They really suck at being organised, especially when it’s right before a performance. But that’s okay too. I don’t mind organising everyone. As long as the teacher is there with us. Smiley Happy

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

I'm really sorry to hear about this. It must be a stressful time for everyone in the family - it sounds like you really stepped up to help out. That can be exhausting so I hope you've got some time to do something relaxing/fun for yourself. 

Also, good on you for sticking up for yourself! It feels really good to do that when people aren't showing respect. It's hard being at school when there has been conflict - I can still remember the anxiety of going to school when I was dumped in front of all my friends. It is a horrible feeling but somehow you find the strength to push on and it gets better Heart 

What performance are you part of? Sounds like organising that kinda thing is a strength of yours Smiley Happy