cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Oh that sounds horrible @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Smiley Sad
I’m so sorry
Do you think it would help to try have a nap?
I’m fine

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Yeah...
I’ll be okay.

You’re clearly not okay... I’ll be here in a little while, but rn I have to go.

I’m feeling so sick rn.
My head is hurting, and I’m really dizzy.

Mum isn’t home, and I’m home with my most annoying sibling. She won’t leave me alone.

Rn I’m doing some sewing, or at least trying to. I just can’t stop thinking about my latest thoughts and flashbacks. Everything is just so hard to deal with.

I don’t know what to do.

Good on you for trying to distract yourself from those thoughts and flashbacks!
How olds your sister? Will she understand if you tell her you need some space?
I’m here all day if you wanna find something that could help with your flashbacks.. you’ve been struggling with them for a while hey

Yeah, sure.
That would be nice.
Sorry if I take a while to respond. Like I said earlier, I’m a bit dizzy and feeling yuck.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling so great today and dealing with flashbacks, that must be really hard. Is your mum out for the whole day? Are you able to lay down if you are feeling dizzy?

That's great that you are using sewing to distract yourself and how creative of you! I needed your expertise today as I broke my zipper on my pants at work, currently got them held together with a safety pin, lucky I am wearing a long t-shirt haha

I’ve been looking through a few websites and the most helpful one I’ve found is with SANE here Smiley Happy 

have you looked into or tried some grounding techniques (using the 5 senses to bring your awareness back to what is happening at the time you are experiencing flashbacks) , breathing exercises (this would really help if your flashbacks are severe and can bring on panic attacks or increased breathing and heart rate), meditation (to calm your thoughts and more your focus from the flashbacks to something positive) 

If you are able to identify when you are having flashbacks then these things could be very convenient to help deal with them, reduce them and eventually you could even get over them! Remember not everything works for everyone but you gotta try new things to find what is right for you and we’ll help you get through that if you need the support Smiley Happy you don’t have to do it alone Heart

Do you think you can start by trying some of these strategies next time you feel a flashback coming or if you recognise you’re having one? 

Haha that’s unfortunate @Claire-RO 😆

I’m sorry guys...
I passed out...

Oof @Claire-RO.
I don’t know how to fix a zipper... I only know how sew things back together. I just fixed my broken strap on my overalls, and now I’m making scrunchies. No, but I don’t tell my parents when I feel unwell. Unless I’m vomiting, have a cold or unconscious, they won’t know. Mum just got back anyway. I’m going to eat some lunch, but I doubt it will do much.

I’ll have a look at that later @Bananatime04. Thank you though.

I can’t exactly lay down, but I am sitting.

image.jpgThe strap I fixed...image.jpgThe full garment...

that’s the thing I fixed.

It took forever, as I’m still in the middle of a dizzy spell. But it’s finished, which is good.