cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ,

I've been reading through some your posts in this thread, and it seems like your home environment isn't very positive at the moment.

For these holidays, do you think you could get a volunteer position in your Youth Group? Or maybe a part-time job at a store you really like? Putting yourself in a more positive environment these holidays may help you feel a little better <3

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hey @Taylor-RO.
Yeah, but I can’t change what’s happening. I never liked holidays in the first place, but I can’t change it.

I don’t have anything to make it easier. I went to a theme park today, and on Thursday I’m going on a road trip with my grandma, first sister, and my older cousin. Only for 2 nights, but it will hopefully give me some space from my other family.

Then I might be sleeping over at my friends house, but I haven’t organised it yet.

I’m just really exhausted and ready to face the “torture” my mum is going to give me. She’s about to do my ear blackheads... That will be fun, so I’m looking forward to that.

Everything else is just too much effort to do.

Hey @katuran.

Yeah, it hasn’t been very positive at all.

Because it’s holidays, I can’t volunteer, because they don’t run during the holidays. And I’m not currently old enough to get a part time job. I am only 14.

But I might find a different place to volunteer at! I like that idea.

Thank you! That gives me some more ideas to do over the holiday.

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx No worries!

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

School holidays can be a challenging time for a lot of school students, with a lot of free time to fill. It sounds like you have done your best to make some plans and keep busy!

Over the next few weeks we are going to see quite a few of our members finish up with school and uni, with lots of time to fill. You've mentioned a few activities you have planned to fill your time, and I am wondering if you would be interested in helping to build a list/resource of things that other members can refer to when they go on holidays? We have a thread here where you can share ideas to help others who may be feeling a bit stuck in the school holidays. Is this something you would be interested contributing to?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Hey @Jess1-RO.

Thank you, and I’ve just been on that thread.

I found out my blood type today, and it’s the same as my mother’s.

My mum said that I would be moving schools next year, but said that she wouldn’t go back on her word. She said that she will wait until the end of term 4, and we will decide then where I will get an education. It still hurts to know that I have a higher chance of leaving. And if I do leave, I won’t make friends. I’ll become depressed and withdrawn. It took me years to figure out who my friends really are, and if I do move, then I won’t be happy again. I might even stop going to youth group if I leave.

But at least I have until the end of term 4.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

I can imagine that must be really hard for you Heart Is your mum open to having a conversation with you in Term 4 about what you want or need from your school experiences?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Hey @Jess1-RO.

Yeah.

Yes, I think so, and I believe that’s what she intended on doing, but I don’t know yet.

I don’t know why, but I feel so alone. My mum keeps yelling at me, and telling me to hurry up about other things, and blaming me for things that are out of my control.

I can’t even pack for a road trip without being told off for something. This is really unusual, and I feel like something is wrong here. My parents just aren’t what they used to be. And now they blame things on me. I don’t know what I did wrong...

And I’m on holidays. This makes things harder. 😢

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

It sounds like you're going through a lot. Do you think you could talk to your mum about how your feeling, and the effect that this is having on you? 

Also, have you arrived at your destination. How's the road trip been so far? I'm guessing it's been a nice bonding experience between you, your sister, grandma and cousin. Heart

Hey @TOM-RO.

I don't know. ..
I want to, but I feel that she's too busy. I do have 4 siblings...

Even then, I find it hard to talk about my problems with anyone. My youth leaders are the only people I talk openly with. I trust them more than anyone. Even though I shouldn't.

Yes, we have. I'm in NSW now, and I'm from QLD. I rarely leave the state either.
No, not really a good time sadly. My sibling is one of the most annoying humans on earth, and she was ganging up on me with my cousin. I feel more alone than anything and all they do is complain about everything. They don't even know what respect is.

I honestly just want to go home, but that won't happen until tomorrow.

It got so bad, that I started listening to Paralysed again. I stopped because evryone wants my other music. But it still hurts, knowing that they do that.

Otherwise, I made a very realistic sand mermaid at the beach. I have a pic, but I can't post it until later tomorrow.