cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Wow that sucks. I'm sorry you had to experience that - them ganging up on you. Feeling left out can be the worst feeling Smiley Sad but it is one that we all experience. I remember sometimes feeling that way in high-school, but it has gotten better with age and I don't often feel that way anymore. Gee I'm really sorry it wasn't a good experience for you. Sending you my love and thoughts today HeartHeartHeart 

I'd love to see the sand mermaid you created. Please share when you can Smiley Happy

How are you spending your weekend?

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Thank you @Maddy-RO.
Nobody else seems to be on when I am, but thank you for the reply.

It does. My cousin ended up being even more rude and disrespectful during the car ride home, and saying that it’s my fault for things happening. This has happened way too many times in the past, and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I said to my grandma, I’m done with her. She needs to be disciplined, and learn what she did wrong so many times. She wasn’t even grateful for the opportunities we were given. The road trip was a beautiful gift for my birthday, my cousins birthday, and my sister’s upcoming birthday, seeing as my grandma missed mine due to a long holiday in Europe.

I still feel so much of it at school.
I even started thinking “I’m sorry for being alive”.

I just wish that I wouldn’t get hurt again.
Mentally, emotionally and physically.

On our way home, I kept seeing ambulances. It made me think about the time I passed out at school. The teacher who stayed with me until I woke up looked really worried. He is also a HPE teacher, and knows what to do if someone has a seizure or passes out.

I guess it’s just flashbacks of the worried faces I see when I wake up.

Again, when I think “I’m sorry for being alive”, everything just feels pointless. My thoughts become suicidal, and then I think of ways that might possibly make me die, depending on my location.

I promise I’m safe, I just have these visions and flashbacks, of my health and of my friends if they found out I committed suicide.

I don’t currently have the picture, but I can get my grandma to send it to me.

@Tiny_leaf can you please talk to me?

Oof that was a long post.

I’m spending the rest of my weekend at church, both morning and night services, to see particular people there.

Then I have the rest of holidays. Only a week to go!
I’m going to have a sleepover at my friends house, and maybe go shopping with them later in the week too.

@Bee @WheresMySquishy can you also help?

I hope you enjoy meeting up with the people at church and have fun at the sleepover @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your cousin's actions spoiled the road trip. Smiley Sad I'm glad that you stood up for yourself and I'm happy that you're safe though. Do you have anything else planned for your birthday?

Flashbacks can be so hard to deal with. Smiley Sad Does anything help you when you experience them?

Hey @WheresMySquishy!

I didn’t exactly stand up for myself, but I did talk to my grandma about it when we were alone.

My birthday was a while ago, but I want to have a sleepover with some friends. I’ve been pretty booked out lately, so it’s not likely to happen this year. But I don’t care.

Yeah. I don’t actually. I just keep watching them over again until I start thinking if something else. Which never happens straight away. They only get triggered when I’m feeling suicidal, and when I feel alone or worthless. Which is a lot of the time really...

Are there any tips you have?

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  I hope you get to have a sleepover with your friends! Sleepovers are so fun. Smiley Happy

Is your grandma supportive and understanding of your point of view?

I found a few good resources online for coping with flashbacks that I've found helpful in the past:
Coping with Flashbacks
Some techniques from SANE
A good self-help resource for flashbacks
Some strategies for PTSD flashbacks
Some exercises you can do

I've also heard about some people finding some apps helpful, but I haven't used them myself.

Yes, she is. I just wish she knew how to give a lesson to one person, instead of making it a general one. My cousin, we will call her Kate, just hasn’t been raised the way I am, and no one has ever corrected her before.

Thank you for the tips, I’ll look into them tomorrow in between church services.
I probably won’t get the apps either.

@Tiny_leaf, are you available to chat?

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  thank you for tagging me. I haven't read back far, but the post before the one you tagged me hit me in the feels. I'm sorry your cousin was so rude to you.

It sounds like things have been tough, and not having any specific to help you cope can be so hard. I wonder if you have ever checked out the thread 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES & DISTRACTIONS. There are literally heaps of different things there. We have a collated list here where the amazing N1ghtW1ng went through and wrote everything down as of that moment.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, but if chatting about something helps, I'm happy to chat here for a while Smiley Happy 

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @Bee!
Thank you for replying.

That’s okay, the main problem is only at the end.
Yeah, I figured. It’s a bit emotional.

Yes, I posted there too, so I have an idea of coping strategies and that thread. N1ghtW1ng is definitely amazing!

I think I’m gonna head to bed now, but thank you for the ideas and help guys. I feel a bit more relaxed after looking at those links. Smiley Happy

Goodnight @Bee, @WheresMySquishy.