cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: I am having a hard time dealing with life

Hey @ecla34

I can’t talk on the phone and it’s hard to explain to someone what I’m going through via webchat. I find it easier to talk to someone face to face and it just helps to have someone there to listen. I don’t think online helplines are for me. I guess I am a lost cause. Nothing can really be done. I tried all I could and I just have to accept that nothing will ever get better and that everyone will abandon me.

Hey @skyfireinferno99. You're explaining things on here really well. I know it's not face to face, which would be your ideal, but I want to recognise the step you've taken - and what you've achieved - just by chatting to us on here. To me, that means you're far from a lost cause. I get the sense that you're struggling now, sure, AND I think that you're resilient and brave and that change will come.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo Thanks for saying all that. Everyone says that I am resilient but I know that I am not. I am at my lowest now, and I have given up. I don't think that anything will ever get better. I had that last bit of hope when I had support from my psych, but not anymore. All I do now is work when I can get out of bed. I have stopped doing the things that I used to like, and I have stopped asking my friends to hangout as well. I feel that I am a burden to everyone around and they end up leaving me because they get tired of me.

Hi @skyfireinferno99 I'm wondering what are some things you can do today to take care of yourself? Heart

Hey @Lan-RO

I don't have anything unfortunately. It's a Sunday, so I don't have work. It's the only thing that keeps me going. Self care is not for me. I tried and I failed. I have also given up on the things that I used to like. I am a lost cause. There's no hope left for me.

Highlighted

That sounds tough @skyfireinferno99. How can we best support you? Heart

Hey @Lan-RO

I don't think that anything can be done. The only thing that helped was having support from my psych and having friends who would spend time with me and listen to me. I have neither now. Opening up about what I go through every single day only made things worse for me and more people gave up on me and eventually ended up leaving me.

Hey @skyfireinferno99 things seem to be in a pretty dark place at the moment, so I'd just like to check in on your safety. Do you feel you can stay safe right now?

I"m sorry that you feel that nothing can be done and that chatting about it isn't helping. It can be really hard to open up to a professional and we can sometimes feel quite heavy after a session but I really would like to encourage you to try and persevere, as things can get better. 

If you are feeling safe, please know we are here to listen but if you're finding talking isn't very helpful for you right now, I wonder if you might want to check out our games and hang out sections? Sometimes a bit of a break from thinking and talking about things can be helpful  Heart

Hey @Erin-RO

Yeah, I am safe. It just sucks to be in the situation I am in, where no matter what I do, nothing gets better. Honestly, every day is harder for me than the previous day.

After being abandoned by professionals twice, I don't think I can start all over again with someone new. I know that things will never get better. If something starts looking up for me, something bad happens. This has been a pattern for me for a long time and it happens every single time.

I have looked at those sections too. Nothing is strong enough to distract me from thinking about how bad things are for me and who will leave me next.

Hi @skyfireinferno99 We are thinking of you today- it must be so hard to feel this way Heart How has your day been so far?

A few of our members say that putting their thoughts and feelings into words here is a relieving feeling. How do you feel when you post to the forums?

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here