cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: I am having a hard time dealing with life

Hey @Esperanza67

I don’t have anyone else unfortunately 

Hmm @skyfireinferno99... I was wondering if you've heard of headspace? They're a support service for young people and I would like to describe them as a stepping stone to professional support. Have you considered trying to reach out to them?

Hey @Esperanza67

Yeah, I have been going to headspace. That’s where I saw my psychologists until I couldn’t see them anymore. I have tried psychologists in private practice too, but it hasn’t worked out and it’s quite expensive as well. 

@skyfireinferno99Yeah, Headspace are awesome, but unfortunately they're sometimes a bit limited in the amount of support they can give Smiley Sad

Would you feel up to contacting some clinics and asking if they're able to accommodate your financial situation? I know I get a slightly cheaper rate with my psych who works in private practice because I have a Healthcare Card from Centrelink, for example Smiley Happy

The process to find a new support can be really tiring, you're doing well Heart

Hey @lokifish

I can manage the finance side if i can find the right person. I found the right person twice and both times, I got abandoned. I don’t really have the energy to try anymore. I don’t think I can trust someone again to open up.

Hey @skyfireinferno99, i'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rocky road with your supports Smiley Sad I can hear how draining and frustrating it is for you, and it's really understandable that you feel this way. It takes so much bravery and strength to open up at any time, and even more to do so multiple times Heart 
You mentioned that you've tried seeing some new psychs since your last one had to leave, but that they didn't work out for you, were they just not the right fit? Would it be worth mentioning to a new psych your history, and how it's made you a bit wary of opening up to professionals? that way you can have a honest chat about a possible working relationship going forward? I understand though that it's really easier said than done Smiley Sad

Hey @ecla34

Yeah, the new psychs weren’t the right fit for me and I felt like they didn’t understand me. I felt constantly invalidated and as a result, I didn’t trust them enough to open up. I don’t think I’ll be ready to start with a new psych unless I know I can trust them to understand my pain and that they won’t abandon me. It’s really hard to start looking too. Ideally, I want to continue working with the psych who abandoned me because she knew the whole story and we were moving forward when I got regular appointments. 

That makes sense @skyfireinferno99, having someone invalidate your feelings and experiences when you've opened up to them is such an awful feeling. It really does make it hard to build trust. Smiley Sad 

It's not always easy to find the right fit as you've found, it can unfortunately take time. You deserve the help though and you deserve the right person to listen to you Heart What do you think you can do in the meantime until you find someone new? Is there anything that usually helps you deal with the pain you've been experiencing?

@ecla34

Nothing really helps with pain, but working is a distraction for me. I have been working long hours these days, but I feel pretty burnt out. I haven't had a break in two years now. I love my job and I have to do everything to keep at it. I can't let my situation affect my work. This is something that keeps me going. The hard part is to deal with the pain when I am not working. 

I feel like if I try finding someone again, I'll get abandoned again. Everytime I open up to someone about my struggles, they end up leaving me Smiley Sad 

I hear you @skyfireinferno99, it's not easy the experience you've had.

I'm glad to hear your job is something that helps keep you going, even if it's draining you a bit right now. For the non-working hours would you want to check out our 100001 coping strategies and distractions thread? it's got lots of good ideas for redirecting thoughts away from tough feelings and keeping occupied with something more positive Smiley Happy