cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: I am having a hard time dealing with life

Hey @skyfireinferno99, adding those professionals to your support network sounds like it would be beneficial for you. It is never too late to try something new or to continue trying, especially when you are young. This sounds like a really tough place to be in and I hear that you are feeling really frustrated Heart Perhaps you could jot down the benefits and consequences of each option? E.g benefits and consequences of not getting professional help, then the same for receiving professional help. Often the simple consideration of pros and cons is not adequate but this option is more thorough and helps to weigh the importance of each choice Smiley Happy

Hey @Taylor-RO

Yeah, it's frustrating that I got abandoned twice. It's rare for me to find someone who cares and when I do, they leave me. I don't see a point in trying anymore, everyone leaves me or gives up on me. After what happened, I don't think that I will ever go back. I am done trying to make things better.

I don't see any benefits of starting professional help again if I have to see someone new. If I got to see the same person again, then the benefits would be that I have some hope of getting my life back on track, I can take a break, I can manage my new diagnoses, and maybe not be depressed all the time. The consequences would be the risk of abandonment again.

If I don't seek help, the consequence would be that I will keep going backwards. The benefit would be that I won't get hurt more than I already am. I am at my lowest now and if I don't seek help, it gives me a bit of certainty that I am not taking a risk.

I don't know what to do anymore to be honest. I guess I deserve all of this though anyway. It's my fault that things are this bad. It's also my fault that everyone leaves me all the time (this includes professional supports as well as people in my personal life).

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't think that anything can be done to help me. Long weekends are hard when I don't have work. Today is especially hard. Everything is becoming too much for me to deal with. I don't know what's wrong with me. I keep blaming myself for everything that's happening in my life.

I want to talk to my psych, but I don't have that option anymore. I want to spend time with my friends, but they all have gone to the coast and I wasn't invited to come with them. It's not the first time that has happened but it doesn't make it any less hard. I just need to accept that me and my mental health are a burden to everyone around me. 

Hey @skyfireinferno99, it sounds like you are feeling really withdrawn and betrayed. Some of these thoughts and feelings may be ones that you have had for a long time. It can take time to undo these patterns but it is absolutely possible and beneficial. Just as thoughts and behaviours are learned, they can be unlearned. This is something you could begin to think about on your own before seeking extra professional support through this. You are only responsible for your own actions, feelings and thoughts. You could try reality checking some of these thoughts - often we assume how others are thinking and feeling. There is a ReachOut article here which explains how this works. Have you talked to your friends about being included? Smiley Happy

Hey @Taylor-RO

I read through that article. It's easier said than done and I can't do it on my own. This is something I need professional help for, but that's never going to happen. I feel pretty down at the moment, all things considered, and I don't have work till Tuesday to distract me either.

I have talked to my friends and usually I am the one making all the plans. Lately, they just reply by saying that they are busy or not reply at all. Then again, they have time to spend with each other and their partners. I think I have gotten the hint from them - they don't want me around. I know that opening up about my mental health issues to them was a mistake. I pushed them away by doing that. I don't blame them. It's my fault that they don't want to spend time with me.

I don't know what to do anymore. Today is hard for me again because I don't have work and everything is hitting me all at once.

Hey @skyfireinferno99 I'm sorry to hear this weekend has been difficult for you... I know work is one of the best distractions for you. I think we were talking a bit last time about what could be some other techniques you could try out? Have you found anything that's helped a bit? 

Hey @Erin-RO

Nothing really helps to be honest. Everything is easier said than done and I really don't have any energy left in me. The only thing that used to help was talking face to face, but I don't have that option anymore. The risk is too much to take, and I can't take it a third time (I tried twice and I was abandoned both times). I can't talk to my family and friends - they don't care anymore.

Work is a good distraction for me, but when I am not working, it's really hard to cope. I keep losing my momentum at work though. It's hard to be productive at work when I have a lot going on. I tried talking about what I go through to people at work, but that didn't end well.

It sounds like you might be feeling a bit stuck @skyfireinferno99? And I'm just wondering how we can best support here on the forums? Do you feel like chatting has been helpful? Have you tried out any of the games sections or distractions threads?

Hey @Erin-RO

Yeah I do feel really stuck and I don't see a way out of it. I don't think that I can be helped anymore. I am a lost cause.

Talking on the forums helps, but I know I can't do it all the time. I just need someone to listen and I feel comfortable talking on here. I also know that I need a lot more help to get better, now that I have a diagnosis of what is wrong with me.

I have looked through those threads, but I am not up to taking part in them as of yet unfortunately.