cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: I can't stand it

Given that quite a few of our members are having a really tough time right now, I'm probably being extra extra careful tonight @litgym and @annabethxchase. I am sorry that others have askde about method @litgym and it hasn't been picked up because my understanding is while we can generally talk about self-harm, we always try and avoid discussing method (how, what, where etc). I know you both are just trying to support each other the best you can, so no need to be sorry Heart

thanks for catching me up! @annabethxchase

I seen that you are in the que to speak to khl which is good, perhaps you could set up weekly/fortnightly sessions with one of those counsellors since your not able to talk to anyone offline?

Is there anything in particular tonight that has caused you to sh and become too much?

Can i ask what has been helpful for you when things are tough? You meantioned you dont have anything to put your thoughts into, i have a few suggestions if you would like to hear them
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Highlighted

Yep khl and also headspace does weekly online counselling. while i was waiting for a psych i was able to do weekly sessions, sometimes you have to ask though as they dont always meantion it. @annabethxchase

Thats ok, everything pileing up can really have a negative effect and when there is no release.

Ok here are a few ideas you could possibly try:

1. A worry box- this is very simple but i find it effective. you literally have a box just like one of those small boxed you get from the reject shop with the lid- you cna use them as gift boxes. then you cut up some paper into palm card size pieces and on each piece you write down what your worry might be. so for example- on one card you might write- feeling alone. each card only has one worry on it though and then you place it in the box and close the lid. Its like literally storing your worries out of your mind into a closed box. You may not go back to those cards but rather just tip them in the bin, or you might take them out later and have a think about how you could fix or cope with that worry.

2. Journalling- pretty self explanatory there but i have seen some good threads that i can tag you too.

3. Arts and crafts- you can channel your emotions into your artwork. you might like to paint or draw to express your emotions or you might like to et some water baloons, fill and throw them on the ground/wall outside, chalk bombs are pretty fun too and they last a little while as well. scrapbooking is another good way to fill in the time constructively. OOH socks- not an art or craft- but if you throw rolled up socks its a good release too.

4. if you ever feel like self harming, use a pen or a texta to draw on that area. it does no harm but it may give you that release instead. some people like to make that area look pretty, others like to make it look all gorey and lifelike. either way it does not damage.

5. mindfullness. you can use that train you meantioned. in your mind imagine those thoughts getting ona train and dissappearing. you might do the sam with leaves on water, or clouds floating by in the sky.

thats all i can think of atm but you might be interested in trying some of these first.

lol @annabethxchase i actually dont like the words much either as its so broad- i guess thats both good and bad though.
im glad some of those suggestions are ok, i really hope they help you and of course you have the helplines and us here too whenever you need Heart

Thanks so much @scared01 Smiley Happy definitely will use them

Smiley Happy

just want to check in to see how your feeling now?