cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't stop drinking

@idk_what_breaky  That's no good that you got sick after stopping. Smiley Sad I wonder if it was due to withdrawal symptoms.

Would it be easier to slowly moderate or cut down on your drinking rather than going cold turkey? You could start by slowly reducing your intake or replacing some of it with a coping strategy or distraction. A doctor might be able to help with this.

Hi @TOM-RO 

I read this reply a couple of days ago and decided to take a leap of faith and talk to my mum despite this not being very helpful before. She was super angry about it for 3 days and those were not good days, I slept in my car and didn't eat much because I hadn't had taken any money, she called me once on each day but that was all. That kind of worsened my situation. But I came back home and she came round and we cried it out for a bit. It's still a little bit rocky, especially with me and my friend, but it's much better. I went to my gp and was prescribed something to make withdrawal easier (once we established that that's what was happening) and my parents and I have agreed to be more open from now on. 

@idk_what_breaky  That sounds like a really rough three days but I'm glad that it all worked out in the end. I'm really happy that you're safe and that the GP is working with you. I hope that the medication helps the withdrawal issues. Heart

I think it was so brave of you to talk to your mum and explain what's been going on to your GP. Heart

To "I can't stop drinking": Your most recent post is one of the best posts I have ever read. Congrats.

Hey @idk_what_breaky 

That's absolutely awesome that you took a leap of faith and spoke to your mum. Very courageous of you!  Heart It shows a real commitment to getting better - you're looking at the bigger picture and willing to do things you're uncomfortable with in order to achieve the end goal of improving Smiley Happy So happy for you and also so happy that you and your mum's relationship is better now and that you agreed to be more open. It's also good that your GP was able to prescribe you with medication to help you with your withdrawal symptoms... should make things a heap easier! Keep doing what you're doing and update us along the way Heart