cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW. I'm terrified

On Monday I was assaulted walking to Kmart and the guy tried to rape me. Somehow I fought him off though. 

But now I can't cope with my life and the memories. I've been in hospital, they want to send me home, I'm terrified, I don't want to go outside. 

And I have to walk from the hospital to my counselling appointment this morning, I don't know how I'll be able to do it. I'm so scared and paranoid. It hurts.

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: TW. I'm terrified

Hi @redhead,

I can hear that you are feeling really frightened right now Heart You have shown so much courage this week, and its understandable that you are feeling uncertain about leaving hospital today. Have you told your treating team how you feel about leaving? Is there anyone around today to help you get to your counselling appointment?

This has been such a difficult week for you and the fact that you continued to reach out and seek support is really remarkable- we really admire the way you have been open and honest about how you are feeling and take steps to stay safe Heart 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@Jess1-RO another patient helped me to walk there and then I was lucky that my counselor walked me back. I was so anxious and scared but I did it.
I just saw my treating team, they've allowed me to stay til Monday. I'm going to try and go out by myself over the weekend to get ready to home. Eek
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

hey @redhead, i am so sorry about what happened to you and i'm glad that you have a bit more time to stay with your treating team and that you're going to try and go out over the weekend. i'm sure you must feel really scared, so it's really amazing and brave of you to try and tackle this.

@DirtWitch thanks.

I'm exhausted by what happened. I can't stop blaming myself. My counselor is going to see me twice a week until I calm down from it all. I'm really grateful of the people around me.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead,

I think anybody in your situation would be as scared and exhausted as you are right now. It's important to remember that you being assaulted was DEFINITELY not ANY of your fault. You are not the one to blame here. I think it's super great how you managed to fight the guy off. Seriously you should try focusing on how great you are for being able to do that!! It takes courage!

It also sounds like you have a really amazing counselor who is taking great interest in your well-being right now. It's very nice of him or her to walk you back to your room Smiley Happy

I'm glad the hospital has allowed you to stay til Monday Heart

My stupid nurse won't give me pain meds and something for my nausea when I have a concuss. It hurts.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

oh, @redhead I am SO sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad

You are a remarkable human being and I am sending you so much support and love right now. I hope that today goes at least a little bit better for you. *hugs*

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

My day was a bit better.
I'm really anxious about going home tomorrow though.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead,

We are all thinking of you as you head home today Heart Do you have a meeting with your case manager planned soon to support you returning home?

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here