cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW. I'm terrified

@Jess1-RO I see my CM every Thursday.

I feel really sick today. And everything hurts.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Glad to hear you have an appointment coming up soon! Heart

What are your plans for the rest of the afternoon? Is there anything you can do tonight to help distract from the pain?

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

I'm playing dnd with some mates at home
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

hey @redhead, just dropping in again and i'm glad that you're able to see your counsellor more frequently to help cope with what happened. i want to echo everyone else's sentiments that what happened is NOT your fault and it's so incredibly shitty that you have to deal with the consequences of this.

dnd sounds really fun! are you the DM or do you have your own character? are you guys in the middle of a quest right now?

I'm really scared
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

hey @redhead, i'm really sorry to hear that. would it help for you to talk more about this feeling right now and what's causing it, or would you prefer to talk/do something else? 

@DirtWitch thanks. It's just the incident keeps happening in my head, over and over, and I need it to go away. I tried calling 1800respect but they were too buy.

It like wasn't my life fucked up enough I have bad PTSD and a concussion that won't go away.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead is there another hotline or other resources that you might feel comfortable trying? I'm not sure if you have a treatment plan with your counsellor, but if you would find it helpful we can definitely work together and go over some things that might help. i've been taught stuff like cognitive defusion and other techniques in the past when dealing with intrusive thoughts and memories, but i know that everyone copes with things differently.

it's really terrible that you have to deal with so much going on, and i know it must be hard on you. 

@DirtWitch for now I think the thing i need is sleep.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead  I think that's a good call, especially with the concussion. do you want to try going to sleep now or would you like to chat for a bit more? or if you want, i hear there's this podcast of a guy just reciting numbers endlessly and that's apparently a great sleep aid!