cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Major trust issues, and self-hate is catching up to me

@WheresMySquishy yeah, I loved both days. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you, I actually can't wait, and its only 10 more days! Smiley Very Happy I'm so excited!

Hey @musicfan_xo! I haven't spoken to you in a while! I'm going pretty good, but we'll see when school goes back. I'm not entirely happy with some of my new teachers, but I'm sure they're amazing... Smiley Indifferent

How are you going? Its been a while! Smiley Happy

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx hey, I haven't been on these forums for a while. Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your teachers. I'm ok, how are you?

It sounds like you had a really lovely holiday @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ! And I'm glad to hear that you're excited to start school Smiley Happy do you know which classes you're most excited for?

@musicfan_xo I'm good, school starts tomorrow, so I'm excited. I get to wear a white blouse, instead of a blue one. My school is interesting, they separated us into the junior and senior halves of the school. I was a junior last year, so I had blue. Now I have white, as I'm going into year 10. Smiley Very Happy I'm so excited! and I'm even more excited to wear my blazer, when it finally arrives! It doesn't get delivered til march, because of how hot it is.

@Andrea-RO I'm most excited for my elective subjects, but I do need to see if I can change one of them. I picked music and drama, but they put me into drama and health. I picked health as my back up subject, but I really want to do music. I may already do instrumental music, but its not the same as classroom music which includes theory. And music is especially important, because I want to teach it as my career. Drama is also fun, but that's only if I can't become a music teacher, so I can teach drama. But I guess I'll have to see if I can change. If I can't, my mum will go full angry mamabear mode... I'm pretty sure my career is more important though, so surely they'll let me change subjects?

I'm also most excited about Instrumental Music, because I've influenced the school into getting a strings teacher! I'm also a part of the band, but that is only woodwinds, brass, percussion, etc. So now I'm in BOTH! Smiley Very Happy There's also HPE, but that's the only non-elective/extracurricular activity that I'm looking forward to. Smiley Happy

Oh that's super exciting @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ! I'll be on the forums tomorrow night as well, so I am super keen to hear all about how your day went Smiley Happy 

I also did music and drama in high school as my electives! I really really enjoyed them, and I know how much you love performing so I am sure you'll love them as well Smiley Happy I hope you are able to change from health to music though! It would suck if you weren't able to be in that class, but I am sure your school will be able to organise something for you Heart

And that's so cool that you're in the band! What instrument do you play? I used to play the clarinet, (though I haven't in a very long time so I probably wouldn't be very good at it ahhaha)

@Andrea-RO yeah! I'll tell you all about it tonight!

Cool! I did drama last year, but I really want to try music, considering I've never done high school classroom music. And yeah, its been fun from what I've heard from the other classes. At least, that's what I call fun Smiley LOL. I hope they can organise something, I'll be very disappointed if I don't get into it... Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, it is! I play flute, even if I'm not very good at it yet. Smiley Happy I played for a bit in year 4 and half way through year 5, but then had to quit. I had a lot of commitments! Then I started up again last year, at the end of the year, because I was sick of missing out on all the awards and camps that the band did without me. I played violin as a distance education program, but now they have a teacher. Smiley Very Happy And its because of me that they do! Smiley Very Happy

I still play violin, I have been for 7 years. This year is going to be my 8th! Smiley Very Happy Not to mention I'm probably the only senior who will, too lol. Smiley Very Happy

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx yay I'm glad you're excited to go back to school! I remember getting the different senior uniform when I was in school, they were all white instead of stripey lol. It's like the younger students have to wear something other than white because they might spill stuff on their uniform Smiley Tongue I hope you can get your electives sorted out because you do sound really into music! Woah 8 years of violin! Awesome! It's no wonder your profile pic is a violin hehe Smiley Very Happy

@lost_Space_Explorer5 yeah! My school has stripes on all of our uniforms except for our sport uniform, but my background colour is white, not blue. Smiley Happy It suits seniors much better, at least it makes us seem more grown up. Smiley Very Happy I know, I got paint on my uniform last year... I actually spilt a little bit of curry on my uniform today, but it will come out pretty easily. Smiley LOL

I didn't get my electives sorted out, but I did find out why I wasn't put into music this semester. Year 9 music got switched with year 10 music, so year 9 is this semester, and year 10 is next semester. I hope I'm in that class next semester...
I had my first health lesson today, and I struggled with it... I don't think I should stay in that class, so I might see what else is on in that elective. If not, I'll probably fail and feel really bad about myself...

Yup! I love violin so much, I've been playing that long. And yes, that is why my profile pic is a violin, lol! Smiley Tongue

@Andrea-RO My first day back was okay, but I lost my hat at the end of the day. I found it again though! phew!

I went to the hall for the first little bit of session 1, which was a whole school assembly, and then we went to our wellbeing classes, and stayed in those for the rest of session 1 and 2. We got our timetables in session 1 as well. Then I had Drama, with a new teacher. She looked crazy at first, but she's actually pretty good. She is a bit of an over-happy old lady, but I guess she's okay. She doesn't really realise that I'm a visual learner though... I need to tell her, so that I can at least be able to write stuff down without forgetting what I'm writing. After Drama, I had senior sport. I'm quite disappointed, because the sports I wanted to do, Basketball or Mixed Netball, no one chose. My back up, Volleyball, was full. I can't play touch, I suck at that one, and they won't do mixed basketball. So I had to join the walking/stretching group....Smiley Frustrated I hate it when the sports I know I'm good at get full or no one comes and end with me choose another sport because it wasn't at minimum capacity. I'm going to speak up and ask why they haven't got mixed basketball, because that is a sport I dearly love, and am way better at than anything.

But apart from all this, the swimming carnival is next week, and I'm going to be participating my best in that. I got age champion runner up for it last year, so I might have another shot at it this year. I just need to train for it... Smiley Indifferent

I also like most of my teachers, especially my maths, Science, HPE, and Health teachers. I also found out that my friend who plays trumpet in the band, is going to join the string ensemble with me. I won't be lonely! She used to play violin, but they didn't have an option for strings when she started at our school, so now she's joining with me!

Overall, It's been a great half week of school. Smiley Very Happy The only other downside, is that my shoes are really painful to wear. The balls of my feet are extremely sore, particularly my left foot. But hopefully they'll get better soon. Smiley Happy

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx Oh noo your uniform has been christened by the curry Smiley LOL Ah that makes sense that they're in different semesters. Yeah if you don't like the Health elective I'm sure you still have time to switch-it's only the start of the semester!

Then I had Drama, with a new teacher. She looked crazy at first, but she's actually pretty good.

Hahahaha this made me laugh^

Awh walking and stretching doesn't sound very exciting compared to basketball Smiley Sad Ooh yay good luck with the swimming carnival!!! Smiley Very Happy If you like swimming you should think about getting into the RO swimming fundraiser thing!

Oh no with the shoes! I remember getting blisters at school Smiley Frustrated Maybe they'll take a bit to wear in again? Hopefully your feet feel better soon. You could always try getting those insole things if it gets worse- I had to get them for days where I have to stand all day at volunteering Smiley LOL