cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW New depressive episode

@Whimer that sucks Smiley Sad

Is sugar free gum an option for you?

Well now I just feel really fucking unsafe here.

Hey @Tiny_leaf, I'm really sorry that you felt that @Kaylee-RO over focused on overeating, as opposed to under-eating. I've read through the conversation, and I think the misunderstanding comes from her using the term "healthy eating". In the mental health industry, we refer to healthy eating as having a healthy relationship with food in general - with unhealthy eating referring to any type of disordered eating. Its totally understandable why you jumped to the idea that healthy eating referrs only to over eating. I think unfortunately, our society puts an extremely negative, obsessive focus on trying to stay "slim" and ascribes any behaviour that leads to that leads to losing weight as "healthy" - even though this is absolutely not the case. 

I've also taken a look at the link that @Kaylee-RO attached, and it is a mental health resource around disordered eating - it focuses on a series of modules working through unhealthy behaviours (like obsessive checking and weighing, under-eating, eating/restricting as a form of control, etc), and discussing some of the causes (like emotions as you mentioned). I'd really encourage you to take a look at the link if you haven't already, and I am also happy to link some more resources if you would like

@Kaylee-RO I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding...

I'm really used to people saying "healthy eating" and meaning restrictive eating, which is something I'm really sensitive to.

Thank you for explaining @Andrea-RO 

That's so understandable @Tiny_leaf Heart especially with how stressful the past couple of days have been, and hearing "healthy eating" being used inappropriately by your parents, I can imagine that you jumped to that conclusion because of how tense you've been feeling already 

Hey @Tiny_leaf, just wanted to check in. How are things with you right now?

Not very good I'm close to having a panic attack 

Did you want to talk through @Tiny_leaf ?

Idk.. I've spent the day crying and in pain and just feeling generally terrible.

Hey @Tiny_leaf sorry last night was such a rough one for you and that you were feeling so terrible Smiley Sad are you feeling any better today? Let us know if there is anything we can do to support you today Heart