cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW New depressive episode

Wow I'm sorry your mum is being so controlling with what you eat @Tiny_leaf. Not only would that be triggering but also it sounds pretty hurtful of your mum not to hear you or understand your needs. Is there anyone who could talk to your mum on your behalf? Or would she not listen to them either? Smiley Sad Sorry to hear you're feeling like dying... It's understandable to be feeling so down after that. Is there anything we can help with? I also wanted to check that you'll be okay and safe tonight?

I'm safe but I don't think there's anything I can do.

Well now mum's spent ages talking about how the crisis state she's put me in for the majority of the afternoon was hurting her feelings.

That sounds really tough @Tiny_leaf, I am sorry to hear that you have been going through this lately. Do you feel like this is something that you could talk to someone about? Would you be able to talk to your dietician about making some changes to the plans? Could that help the situation with your mum?

No there's no one I can talk to.. 

My dietician is already doing the best job she could be, mum hasn't even met her and she's making up shit.

that's extremely frustrating to say the least @Tiny_leaf, when you said your mum is making shit up, do you mean she's making stuff up about you to tell the dietician? 

No she's making stuff up about what counts as healthy and how much I'm allowed to eat.

Which go against what every doctor and dietician has told me.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going a really tough time, I hope things get better for you soon and will be keeping you in my thoughts. Could it help to have your mum meet your dietician, to hear it from a professional? Could using an app like cronometer in which it tells you have hit certain nutrient/vitamin targets that can also be customised to you help to prove to her that she is wrong and limit her control because the app can help you decide what to eat/how much (if thats not tirggering for you to have access to)? Let us know if we could better support you in some way.

@A_Friend I feel like that would be too triggering...

I just need someone to talk to.