cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW New depressive episode

Hey @Tiny_leaf, I can empathise with negative surrounding you with that it can help to find a safe place within you or in your space. It can also help to think through reactions or actions you can take when the negative starts to affect you or when you're in a negative situation. For example, for me, this happened when my sister and dad would fight their negativity and bad attitude would then put me in a bad mood it helped to walk away, think it through,  think of something positive that has happened - it became a habitual reaction to stop the negative attitude. I know that can tough to motivate yourself to do but for me, I relied on my determination to feel better and just forced my self until it became more natural.

I also saw that your struggling with eating the right number of times a day could it help to make a routine of what to eat and when to eat?

I hope you find some support here and you can feel better soon and having some copping strategies up your sleeve.

@Tiny_leaf  Ah I see, that does sound exhausting. To echo @Sophia-RO 's thoughts, it sounds like some further support could be really useful right now- what do you think?

I do have further support, I just don't tend to find it as helpful as talking to people who have been through the issues.

I don't like calling helplines or anything because they use scripted responses that annoy me so much.

I get to play "is this my depression causing physical symptoms or is this something I need to investigate? Is it too much sugar or an endocrine disorder or something else?" Who fucking knows.

Hey @Tiny_leaf, that sounds really tough. It is understandable that you want to talk to people who have been through the same issues - I know a lot of people find lived experience to be very valuable.

It also sounds exhausting to have to guess what is wrong. I know that would make me feel quite nervous Smiley Sad Is there anyone that helps you figure that kind of stuff out?

No, there's no real way of knowing.

I probably need a doctor to go through everything but that's never gonna happen.

My parents got into a screaming match today. I'm getting suicidal thoughts again.

That sounds really hard @Tiny_leaf, do you have any other supports that you could see for help around this? Sorry to hear that you heard your parents screaming at each other, that must have been really tough for you to go through. You spoke about having thoughts of suicide, are these thoughts for now or something that you will act on?

Yeah one but she can't make any changes to the things around me. I'm never going to get better if nothing changes.

Not going to act on anything.

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

Thank you for letting us know that you are safe! It sounds like you went through a difficult night so well done. I hope your feeling okay this morning! Heart

My parents had another argument. I'm really tired.