cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Overwhelmed and not getting the help I need

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

Echoing @letitgo's post- you have done so well in reaching out for support when you were feeling concerned Heart It sounds like finding the right services that fit your needs have been really tough while you wait for the outcome of the NDIS process, is that right?. I really appreciate your honesty with us about where you are at right now, and also for confirming that you are safe Heart 

In terms of outpatient programs, there are a couple of early psychosis programs that I have found in NSW, I'm sure where you are will have some too. The programs we have here (headspace hYEPP- Youth Early Psychosis Program, EPIS- Early Psychosis Intervention Service and EPIC- Early Psychosis Intervention Centre) are for young people who have an experience of psychosis, and these services provide really comprehensive support from psychiatry, counselling and therapuetic support, to peer/social supports too. Have a look at what is offered by public health in your local area, your primary health network programs and local headspaces as these services do not require access to the NDIS to access Smiley Happy 

Do you have private health insurance?

Sending all the hugs today Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Thanks @letitgo and @Jess1-RO 

@Jess1-RO not exactly.. it's complicated.

The NDIS plan is for my autism, I haven't yet proven that my mental illnesses count as a disability too, so the NDIS wants nothing to do with them.

I'm in WA so finding services can be hard....

I have applied for hYEPP.

I have been accepted to be assessed to see if I can get into the program.

Mum tried to get an appointment with the assessor but she's barely available and mum wasn't even able to organize a date that suited this person.

I'm getting worse very quickly and I need help sooner than hYEPP can give it.

And yes my family does.

@Tiny_leaf  I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you will soon be assessed for hYEPP Heart  It must be really frustrating for you to wait as you observe your symptoms get worse. I hope the process speeds up soon for you - in the meantime I wanted to ask if you've ever come across the organisation SANE? Like ReachOut they are passionate about supporting people with mental health challenges.

They tend to focus on "complex mental illness" and have more resources/information in that space. Here is a link to their website - they have stories you can read from everyday people living with mental illness and they also have forums like ours. They also have a mental health helpline and web chat. 

@Tiny_leaf I second @Bre-RO's SANE recommendation Smiley Happy I personally have BPD, which falls under the "complex" mental illness umbrella along with psychosis, and they're really great for talking about things which are sometimes a bit too tricky for the scope of RO.

(Of course we are also still here to support you! Just wanted to give SANE a shout out Smiley Tongue Heart)

@Jess1-RO @lokifish yes, SANE are amazing! (and totally worth the shout out)

I'd actually started writing an email to them last night, but after what happened with KHL I needed a bit more time..

Hi @Tiny_leaf ,

I just wanted to say I think the fact you started the email after your experience is very brave. Reaching out even after bad experiences can be such a hard barrier. 

Hey @Tiny_leaf,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time finding the right support services. But I love that you are taking charge and trying to find what works best for you. Don't give up ❤️

Highlighted

Thanks @dog_lover94 and @Tasi.

I'm so tired right now...

My brain isn't working so well...

I didn't get to go to my art lesson today Smiley Sad

Too tired and too sore but I really wanted to go... 

I have an MRI in an hour or two. Apparently barely being able to walk for months isn't justification for any sort of scan, but a seizure is, even if it happened exactly once and caused no harm.

Anyway I figured out what condition is causing most of my pain (without my gp's help, of course) and getting diagnosed and treated is pretty easy. After that I can see if there's some other issue behind it.

I've finally gotten a headspace assessment for next week, so I at least know when that's happening. But my psychosis isn't waiting for them to get ready. Everyday my thoughts are getting more difficult to understand, and everything's harder to process.

I'm tired of being patient but I have no choice.

Why couldn't anyone help me