cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Permanent scars, not taking care of my health, losing emotions, and I just can't be okay rn.

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx , sorry to hear you're struggling with your sleep. When I wasn't able to sleep, I made a sleep routine. Here are a few tips I learned:

• Go to bed at the same time every day - your body will get used to the idea that it's time for bed
  • Have a shower at least 1 hour before bed - apparently increasing your bod temperature with a hot shower wakes you up 
  • Turn the lights down 1 hour before bed - I normally turn on a lamp so my room is lit, but darker than usual, it mimics sunset
  • Don't drink any caffeine after 4pm
  • Don't eat too close to bed
  • Stop using screens 1 hour before bed (if possible) - the blue light produced by screens is similar to the wavelengths of sunlight, which makes the body think it is daytime and time to be awake
  • Listen to a meditation tape
  • Try progressive muscle relaxation while in bed - this involves tensing a part of the body for 5 counts, and then releasing the tension. You move your way through the whole body, and it promotes physical relaxation 

I hope some of that helps. All the best x

Re: TW: Permanent scars, not taking care of my health, losing emotions, and I just can't be okay rn.

Thank you @queenP. I think that will also help.
I'll try them all, and I think I'm going to head to bed now.

Goodnight everybody. Thanks for the help.

Thank you so much @queenP, @Tiny_leaf.

Those tips helped more than me just trying to sleep.
I'm still extremely tired, and I can still see myself unconscious on the stage, but I see that less than I did.

Guys, It's finally show day! Opening night tonight, and closing night tomorrow night!
Then I can dye my hair on the Sunday!

Wish me luck guys! Smiley Very Happy

*Yawn*

Good luck @xXLexi_Lou122Xx!!

This probably isn't brilliant for your long term sleep, but naps/ rests in the car can be a quick way to catch up on sleep, which might help a bit.

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Sorry I haven't replied for a little while was at some training. 

Here are my sleep tips 

• Don't go on your phone 30 mins before sleep
  • Take nice deep breaths for 1 minute 
  • Listen to calming noises, Spotify has lots of playlist, I am currently listening to nature sounds
  • Give myself a face massage, it sounds silly but is really relaxing

That is exciting about opening night, I am sure it will be amazing. Yay for colouring your hair that is something I love to do.

Thanks guys.

I haven’t slept properly at all, but I’ll be okay after tomorrow. Then I can dye my hair. Finally!

Closing night tonight, which will be good. Yay!

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

Sounds like you're getting through things okay, despite the lack of sleep and the stress you've been feeling about passing out on stage. You're a trooper and you are going to smash this last performance! It's great to see you finding some positives in a not-so-great situation.

What colour are you going to dye your hair?

Thanks @MisoBear 

i’m dying my hair pink blue and purple.

it will be fun!

Omg, so colourful! I'm imagining you'll look like fairy floss in the best possible way? Or maybe it's more like bright pink, blue and purple?

@MisoBear,
More like bright pink purple and blue.
It's the UltraBrights from schwarzkopf.
They make a good mix, I like to think.