cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW?: Permanent scars that only I can see...

Just being stupid in the background...
But one of them, was pulling faces at me...

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx ugh...

I once had a big group of them in my class.. when my teacher asked them to work, they started insulting her and left for their friend's class. My teacher locked the door as soon as they left...

I think I told Bananatime this, but my reaction to bullying/ face pulling or anything like that is to copy Professor McGonnagle. Just like, try to give off the sense that you have no patience left for that kind of immaturity. I have yet to find anyone who's immune to that look. 

Related image

I think I'm immune to that look!
I'll try that...
But then again, I was already struggling with those lyrics playing over and over again, louder and louder each time.

Is there a song that sounds similar but with happier lyrics? Just you might be able to train and/ or trick your brain into playing something else, so that if it starts playing it'll automatically change into the better song. 

I've already been trying, but I hope I'll get there at some point.
It hasn't been working at all lately...

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx it takes a while for you to build up the link from the normal song to the happier one I think. The main thing'd be to keep trying.

You could also do a certain thing (eg tap your finger on your wrist or smell some rosemary or something) just before you listen to the happier song until even just doing the thing makes you remember/ mentally replay that song.

When you notice your brain replaying the old song, do the thing and hopefully you'll start to switch to the new one.

I guess that could work...
But I don't have much time when it comes to being at school.

I have to go to bed now, but I'll tell you how I feel tomorrow...
I just hope I can get through tomorrow without any dramas...

Goodnight, and good luck for tomorrow! I hope it goes okay for you. 

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx I know you've gone to bed alreday tonight, but I wanted to respond while I'm on anyway Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that you've been trying to not write those lyrics on your arm/replace them with something positive. Please know that stopping won't feel easy or provide relief insteneanously, although that would be nice, but it doesn't work that way. It sounds like this has been a coping method for a while, and like old habits, they can be hard to replace. A challenge but not impossible. Each time you last longer before those lyrics are on your arm, each time you try something more positive, is helping you introduce new coping more positive mechanisms. Please don't beat yourself up because they aren't working right now. Heart

I'm sorry to hear that when you tried previously to talk to your mum she didn't understand. Is there a certain part of it she didn't understand?
Perhaps we can workshop something to help if and when you're ready to try again Smiley Happy

In my experience, having a GP where you feel comfortable to talk about your emotional and mental health makes the process easier to cope with, as oppossed to trying to tell a GP who you don't feel comfortable telling. For me I tried a few different GP's before I found the one I have now.

In regards to my story and telling my mum, thinking about the details of it all now I realise how uninspirational the actual time was. So I'm actually not going to talk about that part of it, but I will talk about how telling my mum has helped a bit. While the actual telling my mum about my mental health was incredibly hard and I had help to do so, it has helped in the fact that it's not a hidden secret. I can be open when I have appointments with my GP or psychologist. And while I don't talk a lot about my mental health with my mum, not hiding it and keeping it a complete secret feels better now than what it did when I was hiding the entire thing.
SO I guess what I'm saying is that while you mum might not understand what is going on for you, and I think this is something a lot of young people experience too. It's important they know that you need some extra support, so they can help you get it

(ps. I've rewritten this a heap of times because my undecisive brain couldn't decide on how to word things Smiley Tongue )

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks @Bee.
I'm at school rn, but I'll reply properly after school.

Thank you for the reply tho!