cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: Sexual assault. Not sure whether its sexual assault or not

Hi I'm new here and kinda confused scared of what I'm about to ask. You see I have this aunt who likes to touch my princess parts alot. I cant remember when it started but its been years. At first I didnt think it was wrong untill recently when i had sat next to her and she tugged on my pants I dont know what she was checking I kinda pretended not to notice. She's becoming so confident because she touches me whenever she gets a chance but also she does it when im not aware. I dont like it honestly but i dont know how to tell her or anyone else because im not even sure it is assault. Please is this wrong or am i jumping into conclusions the last thing i wanna do is accuse someone of something they didnt do. Please reply.

Re: Not sure whether its sexual assault or not

Hi @Triumph, I'm really glad that you were able to ask about this because what your aunt is doing definitely is wrong.

It's really important that you feel safe and that you have control over your body.

Do you think you could tell your parents about it?

It really doesn't sound like you're jumping to conclusions, and you shouldn't have to deal with this by yourself.

1800 Respect is a really good resource, and they have online chats and a phone service for people who've experienced assault.

Another option is to go to the police, though it might be worth getting the support of someone else before you go.

You've made a really important step in talking about it here, and we can support you as much or as little as you want through this.

I hope you're going okay all considered.

@Tiny_leaf wrote:

Hi @Triumph, I'm really glad that you were able to ask about this because what your aunt is doing definitely is wrong.

It's really important that you feel safe and that you have control over your body.

Do you think you could tell your parents about it?

It really doesn't sound like you're jumping to conclusions, and you shouldn't have to deal with this by yourself.

1800 Respect is a really good resource, and they have online chats and a phone service for people who've experienced assault.

Another option is to go to the police, though it might be worth getting the support of someone else before you go.

You've made a really important step in talking about it here, and we can support you as much or as little as you want through this.

I hope you're going okay all considered.

Yes I'm okey thankyou for replying and no I cant tell my parents because there was a time she came to my bedroom and started saying really disturbing things about me. My mum was in the next room and could hear so I asked her to tell her to stop it,but she just laughed so yeah I cant. The police oh no way I bet she would just manipulate everything how can  I even start saying it? I saw her frequently touching her daughter too you know soo... the best thing i can do is avoid her and thats what I do unless she catches me unaware. I was asking because she did it again on Friday and I decided to ask here because its safer. I donwanna cause problems you know. Thankyou for your kind words and for confirming for me

Hi @Triumph , 

I really just wanted to echo everything that @Tiny_leaf  has said here - what your aunt has been doing is absolutely not OK, and I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing this for so long. From what you've said here, what your aunt has been doing would be considered sexual assault, it is not okay for her to touch you like that, and I'm so sorry that she didn't stop when you asked her to. If you want to learn a bit more about this we have some information here

It must feel so hard not feeling able to tell your parents about what's been happening, and I'm so glad that you were able to feel safe coming here and talking about what's been happening for you Heart It's a really brave and important step to take and we are here to support you. I noticed that it looks like you're not living in Australia at the moment, so I will have a look for some support services that might be helpful. 

It can feel pretty overwhelming and confusing looking for support services, unfortunately some of these won't be relevant to you if you're outside Australia, but there's some great resources on some of the websites here on our guide to getting support, so I just thought I would share it here too in case it's helpful. 

I also just wanted to let you know that I'm also going to send you a quick email shortly, so please keep an eye out for that. I hope you are feeling OK today @Triumph , we are here to support you however we can. 

Check out our community activities calendar here