cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: Sexual harassment online

Help me out I’m getting a guy I don’t know sending me disgusting pics and he’s not stopping and I’m only a young girl who doesn’t want to see it I feel very sick seeing it ew yuck I just hope he takes his pics and keeps his privates private help me out 

Highlighted

Re: TW: Sexual harassment online

Hi @gmusicj I’m so sorry this is happening to you. It is not okay for him to do that and I can understand why you’d feel so upset. Do you mind if I ask how old you are? If you’re still at school, perhaps you could talk to a teacher or counsellor? Or to parents or a friend who your trust? I’m not 100% sure, but I think it could be illegal for him to do that especially if you’re under 18? Maybe @TOM-RO or @Andrea-RO could clarify that?

I wondered if this article from RO could provide some resources -https://au.reachout.com/articles/what-is-sexual-assault.  Doing self care could be helpful too, I find that reading comforting books or listening to loud music help when I’m reminded of negative images or memories. You’re not alone, we are here for you Heart

Hi @gmusicj I'm sorry to hear about this. I have had this happen and it is confronting at any age so I can understand that this would be distressing for you. 

Given he is sending them online do you have any way to block him from contacting you? 

xx

Hey @gmusicj

I am really sorry to hear that you've had to experience such a terrible thing like this. I do want to echo the advice that @DruidChild and @lennycat2017 have given, as their suggestions are very wise. 

@DruidChild is also correct in thinking that this may be illegal, as if you are under 16, and the person sending them is over 18, it could be considered a federal offence. It may also be illegal if you have told the person not to send you images and you have done your best to block them, and they are continuing to harass and send you these images. 

I strongly recommend contacting the police if you continue to feel uncomfortable/experience this harassment, and definitely block the person if you can in the meantime

I’m 25 years old I don’t how to deal with this it’s happened so many times 

@gmusicj  This is unacceptable behaviour from this person sending you images. 

And I'm sorry to hear that it's happened to you a number of times. 

I echo what the others have said - asking the person to stop is step one. 

Blocking this person's number and accounts is an important next step to take. 

You can also tell the person that you will report them to the police if they continue to send you photos. It can be considered a crime if you have asked them to stop. If it continues, or escalates, it's important to tell the police as it can be considered stalking. 
You could also call 1800 Respect on -1800 737 732  for advice and support with what steps to take to protect yourself, and process this situation. It is a free anonymous service. 

Again, so sorry to hear this has happened to you. Remember that you deserve respect and that this behaviour is not ok! 

What do you think the best next step is for you to take?

How are you feeling about it?

@gmusicj  yes i would absolutely block him if that is possible. it is such a rude thing to do I still for the life of me am not sure why some people think it is ok to do that or even that the other person will like it. regardless of motives if you have told him to stop and he continues then that is harassment and if you cant block him i would talk to the police about your options.