cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Some I knew died and someone else I know has anxiety that is affecting me

Thanks @redhead . I just finished my session and my counsellor thinks it's best that I start seeing someone face-to-face again for a while. So I'm going to my doctor next week to get a referral so we'll see how that goes. 

I'm pretty tired so I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight. 

Re: TW: Some I knew died and someone else I know has anxiety that is affecting me

That is really great that you contacted KHL, that is really brave. Good luck for your appointment, the first few steps at the start are the hardest Heart One foot in front of the other which is exactly what you are doing @mspaceK

Hi @mspaceK
How did you sleep last night?
How do you feel about seeing someone face to face again?
Good luck with your resume and application process!
Living with your boyfriend in the future sounds exciting!

Thanks @Taylor-RO . 

@missep I slept alright. I spent the night with my bf recently which was good. Getting some space away from some negative stuff has been helpful. I'll be booking an app with my GP tomorrow for some time this week hopefully to get a referral and we'll see what happens. All i have left on my resume is my referees so I'm proud of my productivity. 

Yes - I can really see myself living with him in the future!! 

Hey @mspaceK,

I'm so glad you managed to get away from some of the negative stuff and are feeling a bit better. It's also great that you're seeing your GP. You should be really proud of yourself for taking these steps.

Writing down referees is probably the easiest part so your resume will be done in NO time!! Smiley Happy Hooray!

Heart

Thanks @TOM-RO . I have my GP appointment tomorrow and my first session booked in advance for next week. I'm sort of anxious about it cause it's a whole new person. And I am not really sure how these sessions will help me. I wouldn't even know where to start. 

Last night when I was sleeping over at my boyfriend's house I was just laying there for a bit and I randomly thought about my mum and how she never messages me or makes an effort to communicate with me, and I thought about how my boyfriend still lives with his parents and how great his home life is. His mum cares about him and supports him so much. And she supports me too. And I just felt like crying and I just held in my feeling to cry while I was laying in bed, it came out of nowhere. I just wish my family was different. I wish I didn't have to leave home. I wish my parents didn't argue so much. I wish my dad wasn't abusive. I wish I had a good relationship with my family members. But I don't Smiley Sad I haven't really ever. It's really getting me down. And now I think my sister is depressed. It's all bloody shitty Smiley Sad 

Hey @mspaceK

Yeah I understand. It can be pretty daunting meeting a counselor for the first time and opening up to somebody you don't necessarily know very well. But that's okay, you can start of slow and only do/talk about things that you are comfortable with. It will only get easier with time. And yes, it's sometimes hard to imagine how we can get better or be helped, but that's that the counselor is trained to do. They may notice/ point out things about you that you aren't even aware of. So it's great that you are going!

Ah, I'm sorry to hear about your relationship with your family. That must be hard to cope with. It's really great that you WANT to have a good relationship with them though. That says a lot about you. It's unfortunate that that is not the case - but some things are out of your control and it might be good to let those things be for now. Plus, who knows what will happen in the future? Perhaps things will get better? I'm really glad you have a lovely boyfriend with a lovely mum supports who you Smiley Happy.

You mentioned you think that your sister is depressed? What makes you say that? Is she getting the help she needs?

Hi @mspaceK
I know you've been going through a lot Smiley Sad
It's tough when those kinds of challenging thoughts go through your mind.
Here for you Heart

@TOM-RO Yeah, I am lucky to have him and his family. 

I think my sister is depressed because she is dealing with ongoing health problems as well as issues with work. For several months, possibly a year, she has been coming home complaining and upset about work and someone at her work. A colleague is actually bullying her and causing alot of problems, which she has been to HR about. She also doesn't really have friends or much of a social life and sleeps alot and binge eats and she has been crying alot recently. I don't know how to help or support her. She isn't really cleaning up after herself and sleeps alot and procrastinating and she gets anxiety. That's why I think she is depressed.

I just spent the past hour writing in my journal because I haven't done that in a long time and I want to try and get things off my chest. I enjoy writing. I am going to try and do more writing. 

Thank you @missep