cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Struggling with cycles of self esteem, self hate and self improvement

@WheresMySquishy huh.. I have that brochure at home somewhere, but I didn't think that the actual program included people with what I have. If it does than the people assessing me delayed my treatment by a year or so. Again. Smiley Frustrated

Fuck this..

At least I have a fancy diagnosis now that I can show them, rather than just saying "well it's not epilepsy probably"

It's worth another try though, it might let me get away from my current psychologist who spent like half the session asking about, criticizing and re-making my plans for completely unrelated stuff.

She also told me I'm too anxious to be raise or help train my service dog, and has an excellent way of making me feel like a burden.. 😔

@Tiny_leaf if you're keen on the program @WheresMySquishy was talking about, I think it's a great way for you to get some extra support for hallucinations.
You are definitely not a burden though, and if you're psychologist is trying to make you feel bad that really is not okay for them to say that.

@not-an-otter @WheresMySquishy thank you both.

I've got a bit of a plan now at least..

I had the second appointment with my new psychiatrist today; I was almost speechless when I realized that my doctor actually knew much more than me.

Which then reminded me that doctors are kinda... meant to have a wider medical knowledge than their patients so... I think I need to find some new, less horribly frustrating doctors who I don't have to keep correcting.

Hopefully headspace lets me in this time...

That sounds like a wonderful experience for you @Tiny_leaf. I am so glad to hear that it has been refreshing and positive compared to your other experiences so far. It sounds like you want to be able to continue with psychiatrist but that your headspace may be stopping you. What are you specifically referring to and is there anything you can to do help with this? Heart Thanks for sharing your experience with medical professionals. It is insightful to read and I am sure it helps a lot of people who may be reading!

@Taylor-RO 😂 thank you for that reminder about punctuation!

I meant Headspace, as in: 

Related image

I was referring to the organization letting me into their early psychosis program, rather than my own mental state, but forgot the capital H.