cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Struggling with cycles of self esteem, self hate and self improvement

I think that's a good idea, @Tiny_leaf. Got any recommendations for these kinds of games? Smiley Happy

I know what you mean about not wanting to feel bad. I needed to get some apps to remind and encourage me to have medications and do some things to treat my conditions, but I had to avoid ones where they tried to punish the user for not doing them. I don't think punishment really works anyway. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy this website https://www.dolldivine.com/exclusive-dress-up-games.php has a lot of dress up and design games. Some of them are clothes and hair and stuff, others are dragons! 

And same, I have to steer clear of things like that. The school system is not designed for me.

I once got detention for not copying down a list of words fast enough. Smiley Frustrated

I'm still angry about that actually. It wasn't that I wouldn't copy it down fast enough, it was that I couldn't.

(And I now have a couple of diagnoses explaining why.

But sure, punishing kids for thinking differently or working slowly is totally going to create well-adjusted, creative thinkers. Smiley Frustrated)

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  Cool! I used to love online dress up games as a kid. My favourite websites were https://www.dressupgames.com/ and http://elouai.com. I have been playing a mobile game called Love Nikki Dress Up Queen for over a year and it's held my attention a lot longer than other mobile games. Although, I'm more focused on getting a high score rather than trying to make Nikki look good, so most of the results are pretty tragic...

That's so not right! Smiley Mad You totally didn't deserve a detention for that. It's not a big deal anyway.
I remember getting a detention once because I missed a bus, even though it arrived and left much earlier than the time it was supposed to and I didn't know about any timetable changes, which were the school's responsibility to inform me of. The teacher didn't believe me when I told her what happened. She said I must have missed it because I must have been too busy reading and not paying attention while waiting for it. I had to write out lines all afternoon. It still makes me bitter even though it's been years!

I get what you mean about the school system. It's hard to do exams because the people who set them expect you to write several words for each second. Often, I just had to write down anything without thinking because I struggled with finishing them. I got a lot of bumps on my fingers from how much I would write.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy definitely..

Exams are the worst!

All they show is how good your memory and ability to work under time pressure is. Which would probably be useful if I was going to become a professional at playing snap of battleship or something, but probably not in a job with both Internet access and a need to not mess stuff up.. 

Highlighted

I feel really shitty.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  I'm sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad Is there anything in particular that's making you feel that way?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I don't really know..

Though I've been texting a friend and looking at random bird species on Wikipedia which I think has helped a bit.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf it's good that you've found something that has helped you feel a bit better, is there anything else that you know can help you when you aren't feeling great?
Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  Wikipedia can be a great distraction. Smiley Happy Have you ever played a game where you get from one random Wikipedia topic to another by clicking on the links in the articles?

Highlighted

@not-an-otter I'm not sure honestly.. I've been trying a few things, thinking's slightly hard atm though..

@WheresMySquishy yes I have!