cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW - Trauma

I’ve had fresh I blame myself why me I just hope people care 

Re: Trauma

Hey @gmusicj 

Thanks for making this thread Smiley Happy We would really like to support you here. There are a lot of caring people on this forum Heart Would you mind clarifying what you mean when you say you have had fresh? Let us know what is troubling you and we might be able to give you some support. Heart

Fresh sexual assault trauma im having strong thoughts of suicide 

Hi @gmusicj 

I'm really sorry to hear what you have just gone through. Feelings of suicide can often come up when something traumatic happens. It is important to tell someone about feelings of suicide or self-harm in order to receive the support that you need so I am glad you decided to reach out.

Please know that the way you feel is very understandable and that support is available to you. We're here to listen to you, but you might need a bit more than the forum at the moment. 

I do need to check if you are at risk right now? Whether that is at risk of more harm by that person who assaulted you or if you are at risk to yourself? If you are about to act on these thoughts or if you feel like you are in danger from someone else, 000 is your first option to prioritise your safety. If you are not immediately at risk I strongly advise that you call Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467 to speak to a counsellor. 1800 Respect is also a good resource as they provide support to people who has experienced sexual assault. Their number is 1800 737 732. Both lines are 24 hour crisis support numbers.

Let us know how you go Heart

I’m not at risk I’ve spoken to lifeline 

Hey @gmusicj

Thanks for letting us know that you're safe right now, I'm really glad to hear that you called LifeLine. It was really brave of you to ask for help both on ReachOut and LifeLine. I just wanted to check in with you to ask how you're feeling now? Did you want to talk about any self-care strategies you like to use when you're feeling down or stressed?

@gmusicj  My heart goes out to you. I'm sorry that you're going through this. It's definitely not your fault. Nobody deserves to be assaulted or abused. Heart

Are you safe right now?

I’m fine 

Highlighted

I’m feeling better 

Re: TW - Trauma

@gmusicj  I'm glad you're feeling better. Let me know if you need any support. Heart