cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: Why does he do this to me?

Re: Why does he do this to me?

Hi there @Ciw93 and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear how your boyfriend has been treating you. It can be difficult when someone we love hurts us. ReachOut has a great article over here on what emotional abuse is and might be helpful to you. 

Being treated this way by someone you care about is not okay. You are more than good enough. You mentioned that he shuts you out of your bedroom, do you have another place you can stay? 

I was also wondering, is there anyone close to you who you can talk to about this? Such as a close friend, family member or professional support?

I've also sent you an email to the email you signed up with, please keep an eye out Smiley Happy

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

..//

Hey there @Ciw93, just wondering if you've had a chance to check your emails yet? 

While it's great that you have another bedroom you can sleep in, it sounds like things are still hard for you around him. It can be difficult when there aren't people like friends or family we can lean on for support. While "just leave him" can sound like an easy solution for others, I can understand how difficult it is for you. 

Aside from friends and family, there are also other places where we can reach out for more immediate support such as helplines, online services or professionals such as a counselor or psychologist. Do you think that's something you'd be able to do? 

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

Re: TW: Why does he do this to me?

Hi @Ciw93, welcome to RO. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us, I imagine that took a lot of bravery and I can hear how confused and distressed you are right now. I promise that you are good enough, you are a good person and what he is doing to you is not okay and it is not your fault. 

A great place to get more support and information is 1800respect. They have more information on what abuse is, what you can do about it, and they have a phone line and webchat where you can speak to someone about what’s happening for you. 

When you are in an abusive relationship, it is really normal to still love the person even when they hurt you. And while he is important to you, what he is doing/saying to you isn’t okay. We are here to listen to support you and I really hope you are able to access some more support Heart

Highlighted

Re: TW: Why does he do this to me?

hey @Ciw93, just another person checking in to see if you're doing okay. i hope you're well and are receiving the support you need, if not please feel free to touch base with us or ask for some more specific help!