cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW confused and feeling generally terrible

@WheresMySquishy he's assumed that all of my pain comes from lack of strength and therefore exersize will make it better no matter what my pain level is while I do it.

The kind of exercises are good for my hypermobility.

The thing is that I happened to be in more pain that day but he kept pushing because there was "no change is the physical pathology of my knee".

Which between the being pushed and him not listening caused a lot of stress and pain which resulted in both leg spasms and me having a breakdown in a corner of the gym.

@Bre-RO there are people the problem is that they can't exactly replace professional treatment.

And after a while people's support starts to run out...

Oh gee, how unpleasant for you @Tiny_leaf. Also so sorry to hear about your sister @WheresMySquishy , that sounds so tough too Heart

@Tiny_leaf, I'm glad you asked your dad to come home early from work when you needed him Heart. It sucks that your physio forgot you had FND. Sending you love and strength Heart. I'm guessing you told him during it that you felt uncomfortable? How did he react when you broke down/ had leg spasms? 

Thank you @Maddy-RO 

Yeah, or I tried to...

His reaction to both that and me breaking down was "yes everyone has hard days exercise is like that"

When my leg does stuff like that I normally have it curled up under me/ covered by my other leg/ am hugging onto it. Idk why, it's possibly to reduce the chance of the spasms bending it in the wrong direction (which has happened.....)

So honestly he may not've noticed that bit.

I'm so sorry that your physio has been dismissive of how you've felt, @Tiny_leaf ! I suppose a physio's work might often involve pushing through pain, but the rest of what you're dealing with means that could be making things worse rather than better.

Have you tried mentioning this before your physiotherapy session? Your physio might be used to people describing pain while they feel it, so mentioning it before therapy and how things have gone after each other session might be more of a wake-up call. If all else fails, could you maybe seek a referral for a different physio? I hope you can feel better soon.

Hey @Tiny_leaf, how are you doing?

@RockPaperScissorsMelon yeah, I'll definitely try that next week.

(I love your username by the way)

@Pasta I'm mostly just exhausted honestly..

How about you?

@Tiny_leaf that's no good. How I'm feeling? Ngl I'm honestly starting to freak out about tomorrow.

@Pasta was that the party thing? 

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf yeah, I know it's a stupid thing to worry about but I can't help but think about it. 😒