cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW desperately need help, running out of options

@Pasta I 100% agree, but my cat doesn't....

@WheresMySquishy She is, in her own irritating kind of way. Smiley Tongue

It is and just the whole attitude surrounding it means that even if the person has strict instructions not to "fix" my autism, they still have that underlying assumption that autism needs to be cured, to the point they'd base like half of their career on it. Smiley Frustrated

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

Haha your cat reminds me of my brothers dog. He will aggressively tap you with his paw when he wants a pat but when he is done he will lean all his weight onto a tender part of the body, like your tummy or something and then leap off you. Irritating but also really cute in a weird way. 

I get what you're saying with attitude surrounding autism with professionals. That must be really conflicting for you. Do you feel able to advocate for yourself to this new psychologist? Maybe making it very clear what you do and don't want to take from your sessions could help to set some boundaries to protect you Heart 

@Bre-RO awwwww.. 

And I can advocate for myself, and have done with my former psychologist.

The problem is that an environment where I'm constantly having to prove that I'm not intrinsically "broken", and where I have to be constantly educating my therapist so that they treat me with as much respect as any other person, is really not a recipe for a therapeutic relationship.

My last therapist was sad that I'd ended therapy with her because she'd apparently learnt so much from me.

But if she was getting more from our sessions then I was... why were my parents paying her like 200 dollars per hour? For what ended up being professional development lessons?

Like if a therapist wants to learn about this stuff, that's great and they can Google it in their own time.

Honestly I'm just tired of always having to be on guard...

My brother's dog leaping off me, crushing my internal organs in the process: 

on my way 80s GIF

Also, yeah I had a strong feeling you'd be across advocating for yourself. What you have said makes complete sense. You are at therapy to get support not to feel like you're helping someone professionally - and paying for it as you've pointed out. That must be really annoying. I hope that this new psychologist can offer more and that it proves to be the kind of therapeutic relationship that you need Heart 

Highlighted

Oh, I had the appointment today, but i think i still need some time to process how it went..

I feel kinda weird, but it could just be because I forgot to eat today and then had a fairly big dinner.

I'll probably have to eat again today though anyway; I keep accidentally missing meals.

Plus I saw a physiotherapist yesterday. He made me do exercises. Smiley Sad (I hate exercise....)

He's pretty good really. But I still resent the exercise, and so do my legs.

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

Sounds like quite a bit happened today, glad to hear the appointment wasn't absolutely terrible aha. I often forget to eat at times during the day, often I'm distracted doing stuff and end up forgetting to eat something. 

I've recently seen the physio for a minor back injury and I can agree, some of the excises are quite difficult and exhausting.

Hope you're feeling better. 🙂

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

How are you going today? It sounds like the last few days were big days of appointments Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hey @Tiny_leaf, how you feeling at the moment?

@Jess1-RO @Pasta long story short, I essentially had to get special permission from my parents so that I can go to the toilet without getting a wall of verbal abuse upon emerging.

I basically just got an informal pooping licence

I honestly have no energy to elaborate further rn.

I'm just gonna say that it's a funny concept in theory but irl it's humiliating to need to be given special permission to use a toilet in my own house. Possibly worse than having to sneak into the toilet.

Only good thing is that my cat-child has decided that I need company and is sitting on my foot.

But otherwise I'm very upset and very tired.