cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW for disccosiation

@WheresMySquishy it was.. 

Plus the drip they put me on had more water in it than I'd drink in a day so my body felt weird as.

I was lucky, the electrodes were pretty easy to take off.

It's just that I'd though I got all of them off in hospital. It's like a treasure hunt  Smiley Tongue

One of the nurses was very nice, she got me a warm blanket and some fruit juice. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  That sounds like such a strange feeling. I've had a few drips but I don't remember feeling whatever is going in them. Most of the time, I only know when I am receiving something through a cannula if I am told or see it. My sister says she can always feel when something is going into a drip or cannula though.

Haha! Maybe you can keep them as 'souvenirs' and put them in a scrapbook or box. I keep some things I get from hospitals such as bracelets. They also let me keep part of the device when I had my eye procedure because it was single-use.

Aww! That nurse sounds like an angel. Smiley Happy I remember having a really nice nurse when I stayed overnight. I was a bit nervous to ask her to give me more blankets or get out of bed, but she was really understanding and helpful.
It's a good thing that they let you eat and drink. Smiley Happy When I went to the emergency department, the emergency doctor decided that I would be nil by mouth until they saw the CT scan but a nurse gave me a sip of water when I asked for it anyway because I didn't know this yet (he later got annoyed with her). I last ate something at 3am, had the water at 11am and didn't get to eat or drink anything else until around 7pm.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy I think it was just cause my low blood sugar was effecting my results..

I could tell about the drip because the saline was freezing. Apparently they couldn't microwave it though Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  Oh no! The freezing drip doesn't sound good. Smiley Sad I've heard some people say that they experience a burning sensation with some IV medication but I've never had that. It feels kind of weird when nurses flush out cannulas though.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy it would've been okay but everything was so cold there.

And then when I start shivering my FND or something picks up and turns the shivering into jerking.

Which is painless and does warm me up, but it would've been so embarrassing if one of the nurses thought it was a seizure and rushed over..

At first i thought they were just taking a sample, so I was a bit confused when he started taping stuff to my arm..

And he made a bit of a mess. It's probably good that seeing blood doesn't effect me...

I didn't feel the meds they gave me, just the saline. My arm felt very cold.

Also the blood sugar test meant they had to prick my finger. Smiley Sad

It was worse than a paper cut. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf   Hospitals can be so cold. Smiley Sad When I was there, they had the aircon on constantly which irritated my eyes and made it hard to sleep.

The jerking sounds so unpleasant. Smiley Sad My sister gets it too but because of her pain issues it hurts. Sometimes, her legs move without her having control over it, like sometimes her leg will stretch out if she is sitting or her ankles will move.

Haha! That's what happened to me. I was surprised when a nurse inserted a cannula after I had a blood test. I didn't have a drip until after they decided I needed surgery.
I have some weird veins, so I had to tell her what to do when she stopped being able to get blood. This happens to me a lot. Luckily, it worked again! She was a pretty funny nurse.
I'm glad that seeing the blood didn't affect you. Once, a trainee botched my blood test and I looked at it and it made me feel faint, so a bunch of people came into the room and got me to lie down with my legs up. It was a fasting blood test so I think that kind of contributed to me feeling faint.
I remember once my mum had to have a skin biopsy (I think it was the kind where they use a punch tool), and she wanted to watch but our dermatologist told her to look away. So she was disappointed. Smiley LOL

Oh no! I've never had a blood sugar finger prick test. Fingertips seem to be one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy Apparently it's because the nurses are all overworked and running around. Not great for the patients...

For me it actually almost feels nice. Like idk, my leg's just doing its thing.

If it goes on for too long my leg starts to ache now.

Haha, I get people commenting on my veins for the opposite reason. Once the person actually stopped to show me how good my veins were. Unfortunately she then hit a nerve and pain went up my arm..

Oof, that does sound like a recipie for fainting doesn't it...

Highlighted

I'm tired and anxious.

Idk why I'm even posting this, probably no one is even up.

Highlighted

Sorry @Tiny_leaf! I hate how we have different times Smiley Sad it was 3:07 where I am when you posted..

How are you feeling today? Did you manage to get some sleep?
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 Yeah I got to sleep after a while.

Atm I'm sitting with my little cat.