cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW for disccosiation

I'm so tired and have so much to do but I can't do it without help.

This probably sounds really selfish but I wish dad could come home from work early just for today so he could help me do a couple of things. Or even just watch tv with me or something. 

I feel alone and overwhelmed but my parents' work is more important than how I feel. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

I will do my best!! It's definitely something people need to understand. Recovering from trauma, living with a mental and/or physical illness is so different from getting over a bad day or general day to day stress. 

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  Yes mental wellness and mental illness are two very different issues. I am sorry you are feeling alone. I can understand that for a few years I was left almost constantly alone by my family they would leave early and come home late and I didn’t even have a car to take myself somewhere because they would take the cars and this was all while I was convinced a stranger was going to break into my house and murder me and my whole family if they were there. It was a mess and the isolation was not very good for me. I guess my point is it is ok to need someone and needing people doesn’t make you selfish we just live in a society where we have to pay for our needs with our time so we don’t really get a lot of time to ourselves. In the case of parents they pay for their life needs and their kids as well so they have even less time for themselves or their kids. It is pretty screwed up if you think about it too much but that is still the current situation. Idk if you do any online gaming or anything personally I don’t but I have heard it can be a good way for people to make friends who have limited ability to leave the house.... might not be your thing though just a thought. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 I don't think my parents would let me Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  They wouldn’t let you play online games? Not all games are violent and stuff some a super harmless..... well that is unfortunate. Do you parents usually decide what kind of activities you do? Aren’t you legally an adult?..... I don’t mean to seem like I am asking silly or annoying questions I am just trying to understand the dynamic.... it can be hard transitioning from teen to adult and sometimes parents don’t listen but I guess at some point you have to start making your own decisions about your life otherwise you end up in your 30’s and still not able to do adult things and that would really suck not so much because of what others think but I know most people myself included start to get really “itchy” for some independence in their 20’s and I can’t imagine not being able to make your own choices in your 30’s that would suck big time. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 yeah I know.

The problem is that I still rely on them like someone younger would.

So I can either follow thier rules or do stuff behind their back.

Maybe when my computer gets replaced I could but at the moment it would be too hard to hide on their computer.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  that is hard. Idk I always think that my house my rules thing is kind of unreasonable when you have a kid like the kid didn’t ask/choose to be born so I feel like you need to still let them be themselves and do what they want to an extent of course if they are being unreasonable then you can say some things aren’t allowed but idk I just think it doesn’t help anyone to be super strict it just builds resentment. Also this is the sort of situation where social services and disability services needs to provide more so that an adult doesn’t have to be reliant on their parents. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 I agree... it doesn't help anyone when we're forced to rely on parents...

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf nope it just makes for strained relationships and it makes things harder for the person with a disability and for the parents it is just a crappy situation all round. 

Highlighted

Smiley Sad