cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: i don’t know :(

@litgym You certainly do! Maybe your body is just taking a break after a long year. The city is great isn't it? Can't help you there sorry, this isn't my specialty :/... Have you stopped? Sending Hugsssss

@annabethxchase yeah the city is great !!

thats alright Smiley Wink i think ive been clean for like 1 week...doesn’t sound that good ahaha😬

GO YOUU!! Keep it up!  @litgym

Highlighted

@annabethxchase naww thanksHeart its been really hard, ive had so many urges the last week but ive managed to stay safe Smiley Happy

So proud of you for fighting those urges! <3333

thank you <333

All good @litgymSmiley Very Happy

@litgym well done you for being so productive today! Smiley Happy

Re hiding scars - I think it is okay to feel insecure about them. Firstly I want to congratulate you being clean for a week! <3
I think it depends on where to scar is as to how to hide them from public eyes. For me I used to wear a lot of threaded cotton bracelets like friendship bands but ones I'd bought everywhere. For me it became part of my identity in high school. I also used to wear knee length shorts and skirts because I was scared of the shorts/skirt riding up and revealing self-harm scars. Today many of my scars have faded so well you can barely notice them.

While I know that self-harm can feel like it's your only coping mechanism in the moment, it can become worrisome. And I appreciate and understand how hard it can be to stop harming; I encourage you to find other coping mechanisms to help through those times. I don't want to push the subject too much but I'm happy to talk through it more if you want to/are up to it Smiley Happy <3

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee omg i had no idea you self-harmed. i now feel like im not alone through self-harm (I don’t know if that made sense) this made me smile so muchHeart

im insecure about them to public eyes but i quite like my scars when i look at them by myself because it’s shown how far ive come.

it’s quite hard to hide them because i think i have about 4  and they are kinda obvious but not. i use to wear bracelets in the summer but then it became winter so jumpers and trackies or jeans were my life. but it’s coming back into summer now so i guess ill just wear bracelets again. i have some just above my ankles so ive gotten into wearing long socks with cute animals and things Smiley Happy i have a lot on my waist and im scared if i wear swimmers they might accidentally show :/ 

i started self-harming around this time last year and it has definitely become addictive the last few months and it’s the only thing i can think of when things are tough. i have an app called “calm harm” which i have found helpful but ive kinda just not been bothered to try and use it.

@litgym yes I struggled with it for a while, and I still have urges every now and then, but I haven't actually harmed in such a long time it'd probably be about 12 months ago by now

That makes sense, I was quite anxious about them too.
with swimmers, could you wear a 1 piece instead, that way there's no chance of the top accidentally riding up?

Would you feel up to looking through this thread with 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES & DISTRACTIONS to give you alternate ideas instead of self-harming? 

That app sounds like a great idea, do you think you could try and use it more often? Even if you remember after you've harmed, it might still be worth using Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart