cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW ish vent ig

hey @Janine-RO i am safe at the moment, I'm at school, and I still fell really bad like dying , and I'm trying to go talk to someone here but i dont like her bc she pushes for infomation but I feel like if I didnt then I would of harm myself again today, and yeah I see a psychiatrist I have a appointment already booked next week somwtime,

Highlighted

Hi @wolvesrunfree , 

Thanks so much for confirming that you're safe at the moment. It's great that you're going to try and see someone at school to talk to today even though it might be hard, keeping yourself safe is the most important thing. You've been really brave posting here about how you're feeling, we are glad to hear that you have made it to school today Heart 

Do you think you will be okay with your friends today? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Hey @Janine-RO

I should be good with my friends today, but I dont know how long I'm going to stay at school, bc I might go to the mental health hospital here, but I most likely wont bc there crap lol,
And thanks you💜
Highlighted

Hey @wolvesrunfree , 

You're very welcome, we're so glad that you came here to the forums. You were really brave in sharing what you were feeling, it takes a lot of courage to reach out like that. 

Please keep us posted on how you're going. An inpatient admission can feel daunting, there's quite a few other members of the forum who have had inpatient stays at different points in their journey, and we are all here to support you if that's what ends up being best for you. We're really glad to hear that you are safe and OK with your friends at school today Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Hey @Janine-RO
So I talked to the person yesterday, and yeah I have an appointment with her at school today and I know nothings going to happen again, I still feel like a danger to myself and stuff.
And how would I even be able to go into inpatient? If I did need to at all.
Highlighted

Hi @wolvesrunfree 

Both times I was referred to an inpatient ward so I don't really know how you'd self admit..

One option though, especially if you feel like you might hurt yourself, is to go to the emergency department of your nearest hospital.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf
I have been to the hospital many times for this (even when I tried to off myself) that time when I did go to the hospital I waited about 4-5 he's there until 3ish in the morning and they said they dont deal with mental pain, and I went to the mental health hospital here as well for about 3-4 times in 3 weeks and they just called me and attention seeker, so ive most likely needed to go inpatient for a couple of times but they didnt care about me, so really here, the hospitals and the mental health people dont care about me :'( and i really wanna hurt myself but I have to use my self control

Highlighted

Hi there @wolvesrunfree 

Firstly, just wanted to recognise how brave it is of you to be honest in how you're feeling. Recognising that it is a good time to get extra support shows a lot of insight and courage. It's also not an easy thing to do when you haven't had great experiences in the past when trying to get help. 

Thank you for sharing your past experiences with us here and I am really sorry that you weren't met with the help you needed at the time. You have said here that you really want to hurt yourself and I want you to know there's a few options for you: 

• Getting in touch with a local crisis mental health team is one way of making a step forward to an inpatient program. You can find them by googling your suburb and "crisis mental health team" or you can use the WayAhead directory by clicking through here

• You can also see another medical professional such as a GP who can refer you to a hospital, however there is chance that you will be put on a wait list with this option. 

• I'm really sorry to read how you've been mistreated in the past when taking yourself into emergency. If you feel that you are at high risk of hurting yourself, going to another hospital in the area could be an option, if you feel able to give that a try again. I know that is a tough one as you have tried this before. 

I also need to let you know that as mandatory reporters we have a duty of care to get you urgent help, if you think/feel you are going to act on wanting to hurt yourself. 

We are here for you, if you are up to it, let us know what option you think might be the most helpful for you at this time Heart 

Highlighted

@wolvesrunfree that's horrible...

They don't care about me either honestly, I know how lonely it feels...

I'd agree with @Bre-RO, seeing a gp could be a really good next step.

Do you/ your parents have the means to see a private psychologist?

And do you have a safety plan?

Highlighted

Hey @Bre-RO
I'm not trying to sound mean or anything so I'm really sorry if I do but the crisis mental health team up here where the ones that have called me an attention seeker and said If I wanted to off myself I would of done it already, and I forgot to mention the other time I've been to the hospital was for a mandatory thing that a police officer at our school put one me and they still let me go :/ and we only have one public hospital here and we wouldn't be able to afford if we went privet, and 2 of the times I have gone to the mental health place I had a gp who did refer me to there and still nothing happened, so really tbh I think the only option I ever have right now is to just text life line (I don't like to call) and I have to wait for the time to be like around 6 or whenever the texting things are on. And I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm resisting your help.